PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Pick your seat day

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Pick your seat day

Postby digman52 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 am

My brother and I have been Mustang Club members since graduating in the mid 70's, and part of the death penalty Cornerstone Group that agreed to buy tickets for 5 years after resuming play. We aren't big givers, but enough to get in the Club section for Football, and mid-level basketball seating. Have had season tickets to both since the late 70's.

We were given a time yesterday afternoon to choose our seats for 2020. They advised us there would be only 25% of capacity seating, etc. I got online yesterday morning, and did an online chat with a ticket office staffer about how many tickets we could buy, and for how many games. I was told that there were plenty of people not buying this year, and we would be able to buy all 6 of our tickets for all the games.

When our time arrived, we were told that all the Club section seats were sold out by 9am that day, and we were SOL. The higher level givers gobbled them up. We went ahead and bought 4 together in the stands for the season, and am excited about getting back out into the real game. The Club section is too remote an experience, with sounds piped in through the speakers. It's gotten better through the years, but not great. Also, the food up there, for what you pay, has been going downhill for several years. Margi's are good though, as is AC for the early games.

I think there should have been a rotation for all Club ticketholders, where you would get at least 1-2 games you could buy. Oh well, this reseat got us this time.

That was our experience buying the 2020 Season. Anyone else run into issues ?
digman52
Junior Varsity

Re: Pick your seat day

Postby BUS » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:45 pm

WE have four seats since the Cornerstone days. Used to be in Club section but as you said.... it is kind of quiet for a football game.

The past dozen years I sit 104 row 7 on the 50 to 46.

I don't have a 10 person group so I can't do the Pod thing. I gave my proxy to the ticket office and asked for best available. We will see.

Peace and GO Mustangs.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby PK » Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:18 pm

Seats in Sections 103, 104 and 105 are all gone. i get to see whats left at 9:00 tomorrow morning.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby Shetland » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm

Anything SMU does with tickets ends so incredibly poorly. Too dependant on donors who could care less about not using 30 tickets
Shetland
Scout Team

Postby JasonB » Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:57 am

I'm at 11 AM today and all the seats near my section are already gone :(. I've had the same seats since the stadium opened.

Its going to a bummer not being able to find the folks I've sat around for years to say hi.
JasonB

Postby Dukie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:00 am

When all season tickets are either in the club or on the home side, and you're spreading those out over the entire stadium, I'm not sure why anyone is surprised that most of the seating is going to be in areas where no season ticket holder ever sits. To fit the club folks, you're going to start putting some of them in prime seating in the stadium because there are not enough seats in the club for a distancing approach. Then you're putting folks in the most prime stadium seats 102/202 103/203 in the next sections over. Season ticket holders closer to the end zones are gonna be on the other side of the stadium, if not in the end zone.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby BUS » Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:17 am

At 9:07 this morning I got a message from Ticket office of my seats for this year. Yes, everyone is being pushed out and away to get this done. Do I like where my seats are - No. Can I deal with it better than a losing Dem... Oh yes. From 104 - 50 yard line row 7 - To 106 on the 20 yard line row 5.

Next year this will be better. Maybe after the CDC announcement on Comorbidity and Multimorbidity, later this year, we all go back to normal seats. And then SMU can sell more ticket and make some money.

Go Mustangs and let's string some W's together.
BUS

Postby JasonB » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:17 am

Yeah, I chose to go to the East side rather than sit on the sidelines. No visiting fans anyway, and we don't get a home game until the weather cools down.
JasonB

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:26 am

I mean if we're going to be all spread out, East side's really not a bad way to watch a game.

What are they doing about the students? And I assume they're going to block off the open end of the horseshoe (?)
ponyboy

Postby docabel » Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 am

I thought their plan was for 1000 students and to set them up in the lawn/open end of the horseshoe.

Will be interesting to see how the enforcing of people staying in their seats/pods goes on gameday.
docabel
Heisman

Postby BUS » Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Going to the other side is pretty smart given the game schedule this year. All in all I hope people are happy that we are working to get back to normal. Not new normal but Texas normal.

Go Mustangs.
BUS

Postby Dukie » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:33 pm

BUS wrote:Can I deal with it better than a losing Dem... Oh yes..

You insist on bringing your politics into everything. It does negatively affect the board, and you should try to stop. But really, it just shows how much rent-free space Dems are occupying in your head. :lol:
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Bergermeister » Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:42 pm

Anybody notice if handicap is available anywhere? End zone is fine but my +1 can't do steps anymore.
Bergermeister

Postby ponyboy » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:07 pm

docabel wrote:I thought their plan was for 1000 students and to set them up in the lawn/open end of the horseshoe.

Interesting. I have a hard time imagining that that would be acceptable -- or maybe even legal. No way to enforce social distancing and "no groups larger than x."

By the way, if I recall correctly, the Boulevard will be closed for the first game -- and then it will be decided whether we'll have it for the second game. As there is every year before the start of every football season, there's been a crew out putting down grass seed and prepping the strip. Saw this yesterday morning and again this morning. Here's hoping we'll have a reasonable approximation of a normal Boulevard experience this year.
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:22 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Anybody notice if handicap is available anywhere? End zone is fine but my +1 can't do steps anymore.

The only reason all the sections of the lower bowl show blue is because there are still handicapped seats available everywhere. You should be able to get great seats (at least as of 11 AM today).
JasonB

Next

Return to Football