PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Questions for horseshoe

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Questions for horseshoe

Postby PK » Mon Aug 27, 2001 1:12 pm

Based Upon what tc and u did this weekend, do you think maybe Printers was sandbagging you when you talked to him? Their defensive line seems to be every bit as fast as they were last year and that was a killer for us. Also, given their performance against Nebraska's defense, which is not suppose to be too shabby, do you think we have a real chance to make his "concerns" about SMU come true.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Questions for horseshoe

Postby Horseshoe » Mon Aug 27, 2001 2:34 pm

I think he was sandbagging. (For the rest of you, I talked to Casey Printers last week, and within a couple of sentences he assured me that TCU could compete with Nebraska, yet he said he was "scared" of SMU, because our Ponies are so upset/embarrassed with the result of last year's season finale.)

I didn't see his logic, and after watching Saturday's game, I'm not sure he's that scared any more, unless his leg is hurt MUCH worse than we were led to believe. And I can't believe the loss of Bo Schobel is going to hurt them much.

So to answer your question, I find it unlikely -- I'll never say never -- that we can upset the little frogs. Sure as hell hope I'm wrong, though. Will have a better indication after our game with LaTech. (See you there?)
Horseshoe
All-American

Re: Questions for horseshoe

Postby PK » Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:05 pm

Unfortunately I will not be at the LaTech game, but I'll be listening to it on the radio.

While we are on the subject, I'm suprised that SMU didn't try to get some buses going for the game as close as it is. Being that it is Labor Day weekend, maybe they thought it wouldn't work. I might have been able to work it out to go with a bus setup leaving in the morning and coming back after the game.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football