PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Thoughts on the broadcast

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Thoughts on the broadcast

Postby docabel » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:07 am

Seeing that we were the only game going at the middle of the day on ESPN, really thought we would get more than the espn ocho crew.

1. During the first quarter, the graphics for the score had us listed as the SMU Broncos?

2. The cameraman got fooled on more fakes than a fourth string LB defending the triple option.

3. Replays. Seemed to just gloss over and move on at some critical junctures. For instance, in the 4th quarter we had a turnover overturned by an offsides (Coxe I think), but never got to see a replay of it.

Happy to get the win, but just needed to vent.
docabel
Heisman

Re: Thoughts on the broadcast

Postby Dukie » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 pm

docabel wrote:Seeing that we were the only game going at the middle of the day on ESPN, really thought we would get more than the espn ocho crew.

1. During the first quarter, the graphics for the score had us listed as the SMU Broncos?

2. The cameraman got fooled on more fakes than a fourth string LB defending the triple option.

3. Replays. Seemed to just gloss over and move on at some critical junctures. For instance, in the 4th quarter we had a turnover overturned by an offsides (Coxe I think), but never got to see a replay of it.

Happy to get the win, but just needed to vent.

Agree completely, but if it helps, Coxe was about one mile offsides...
Dukie
Heisman

Postby 82Pony » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:25 pm

I too was very disappointed on Saturday. Seeing as there were no P5 games I thought we would get some good coverage on Game Day....nope. Barely mentioned until the last five minutes...just the "picks" segment. Aresco needs to make a call to ESPN.
82Pony
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:55 pm

It was sloppy football; not a bad thing if not too many witnessed that showing. Our guys will (hopefully) get a lot better as the season goes on
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football