PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Alex Palulu

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Alex Palulu

Postby SMUstang » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:06 pm

Will we ever see Alex Palulu on the defensive line again? He was undersized but he could get the job done.
SMUstang
Heisman

Re: Alex Palulu

Postby PonyPower » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:21 pm

Afraid not. Last I heard, he had left school, either to get married or go on a mission trip - or perhaps both.

And it's "Pahulu," if I remember correctly.
PonyPower
All-American

Re: Alex Palulu

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Jul 24, 2000 11:23 pm

Alex Pahulu was a great defensive lineman for the Mustangs. Yes he was undersized, and yes, he did get the job done. When he originally signed, it was understood that he would go on a Mormon mission for two years in the middle of his college career. He decided to put that on hold, and wait until the end of his career. However, Alex had real problems in the classroom. Don't get me wrong; I am not saying he was stupid or incapable. I believe it had more to do with the fact that his heart was not in to it. Anyway, as an answer to your question, No, we will not ever see Alex Pahulu in an SMU uniform. It is too bad, because he could have been something special.

------------------
"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure."- Knute Rockne
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Return to Football