PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Other Games 10/10

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Other Games 10/10

Postby peruna81 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:58 pm

Well, it is turning out to be a 50/50 proposition so far this Saturday...

OU beats everybody on the field of play and wins in 4 OT...Ellinger has my respect, THE HORNS ARE BACK! (to the pile of mediocrity that is the Big Whatever-It-Is)

Aggies DO have a kicker, and outlast Florida...so that is a wash.

TC-Who-KSU...go 'Cats

BU-COVID...nope,,,can't do it...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Other Games 10/10

Postby Sewanee Stang » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 pm

Missouri 45, #17 LSU 41.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby peruna81 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:57 pm

Tech is simply awful...

KSU is somehow controlling Duggan.

UNC took a big step this afternoon too...and did it without, well, never mind...
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:19 pm

peruna81 wrote:Tech is simply awful...

KSU is somehow controlling Duggan.

UNC took a big step this afternoon too...and did it without, well, never mind...

How 'bout that Mack Brown...his 2nd successful stint at UNC. He's really recruiting this area well but it's going to be tough for him to catch up with Clemson.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:45 pm

Arkansas gets hosed on a bad call that allows Auburn to kick a game winning FG. Called intentional grounding when QB fumbled snap and spiked the ball backwards so should have been a fumble but they had already blown the play dead so had to go with grounding which appeared to have been the wrong call.
Charleston Pony

Postby 82Pony » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:51 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Arkansas gets hosed on a bad call that allows Auburn to kick a game winning FG. Called intentional grounding when QB fumbled snap and spiked the ball backwards so should have been a fumble but they had already blown the play dead so had to go with grounding which appeared to have been the wrong call.

I have no idea what the refs were thinking....a lateral is a fumble. Feel so bad for Arky!
82Pony
Varsity

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:43 pm

82Pony wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Arkansas gets hosed on a bad call that allows Auburn to kick a game winning FG. Called intentional grounding when QB fumbled snap and spiked the ball backwards so should have been a fumble but they had already blown the play dead so had to go with grounding which appeared to have been the wrong call.

I have no idea what the refs were thinking....a lateral is a fumble. Feel so bad for Arky!

I think they just blew the whistle on the spike and after the play was reviewed and they realized that they screwed up, they had to go with the original mistaken call. The sportswriters will run wild on this one and that officiating crew gets rated poorly for a bad call that actually affected the outcome of a game.
Charleston Pony

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:10 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
82Pony wrote:

I think they just blew the whistle on the spike and after the play was reviewed and they realized that they screwed up, they had to go with the original mistaken call. The sportswriters will run wild on this one and that officiating crew gets rated poorly for a bad call that actually affected the outcome of a game.
That is what the Arkansas coach said he was told. Inadvertent whistle before any recovery.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Charleston Pony

Postby peruna81 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Arkansas and referees....the two go together like oil and water.

Hog fans will fuss about this one too, and rightly so in this case.

I have a friend in Dallas who is an Arky grad that graduated in 1982. He never fails to fuss about the "alleged" PI call that gave SMU a first down and led the tying score in the 17-17 tie. He says the refs are and always have been against the Razorbacks. It is like chapter and verse with many of those folks...kinda like SMU fans are about other schools getting a pass on cheating...
Last edited by peruna81 on Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby soccermom » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:36 pm

Alabama/Ole Miss is a good game.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Other Games 10/10

Postby mrydel » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:37 pm

I listened to callers here on a sports talk show complaining about one call in Arkansas’s loss to Georgia and saying Arkansas would have won if the call had been made properly.

They have posted the SEC office number on Facebook and are telling everyone to call and complain.
Last edited by mrydel on Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby soccermom » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:39 pm

Did anyone else notice how close the ut/ou students were (and Ole Miss, too) to each other(most w/out masks) AND no one was telling them to leave?!?
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby peruna81 » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:54 pm

Well I DID notice that the "other" girl in the OU/UT "bird" picture was, uh, mask-less.
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby leopold » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:21 pm

mrydel wrote:I listened to callers here on a sports talk show complaining about one call in Arkansas’s loss to Georgia and saying Arkansas would have won if the call had been made properly.

They have posted the SEC office number on Facebook and are telling everyone to call and complain.

Yeah, the SEC has actually issued an official statement saying it was a blown call. Arky's right on this one.

In other news, Kentucky shut out the vaunted Mike Leach Air Raid, 24-2. It's the first time Mike Leach has been shut out in his career - the Bullies threw SIX interceptions, one for a TD. Kentucky out here doin' the Lord's Work.
Welcome to the 2019 version of 'Cougin' it'
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Next

Return to Football