PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Bowl Projections

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:38 am

Everyone needs to root for Boise St to take out BYU as well as the other G4 schools that are around us in the bolls namely Costal Carolina.
Fire Garrett Riley. His playbook for opposing teams 1) Run 2) Run 3) Throw. You're welcome.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3065
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:55 am

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby peruna81 » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:08 pm

indianmustang wrote:Armed Forces Bowl
Matchup projection: BYU vs. SMU

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54032395_8


Please...PLEASE YES. We need to curb stomp them from the Holiday Bowl memories I still recall.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2762
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2001 4:01 am
Location: central Texas

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:19 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:Everyone needs to root for Boise St to take out BYU as well as the other G4 schools that are around us in the bolls namely Costal Carolina.

It's [deleted] Coastal Carolina is ranked ahead of us. We would clean their clocks.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15843
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby shadowman » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:19 pm

BYU being ahead of us does not matter, correct? since the NY6 bowl agreement is with the G5 conferences (the team from a G5 conference with the highest BCS ranking is gauranteed an NY6 spot.)

Since BYU is an independent, they are not included. The NY6 could still include them if they wanted, but they would still also have to take the highest rated G5 team which would mean taking BYU highly unlikely.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
User avatar
shadowman
Heisman
 
Posts: 1808
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Dallas

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby mustangxc » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Correct Shadowman. BYU better stomp Boise State. If Boise State wins out, they would have an argument for landing the NY6 Bowl ahead of SMU. If BYU wins out, they may land in the CFP or as a NY6 at-large but it would not cost us a NY6 Bowl bid.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6047
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby Charleston Pony » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:28 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:Everyone needs to root for Boise St to take out BYU as well as the other G4 schools that are around us in the bolls namely Costal Carolina.

It's [deleted] Coastal Carolina is ranked ahead of us. We would clean their clocks.


I've seen the Chanticleers play too many times this year to be at all confident. They are looking like this year's FAU so I'd rather not play them...especially if we were invited to play them in their home stadium in Myrtle Beach. I would fear deja vu all over again!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 21059
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby ponyboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:25 pm

peruna81 wrote:
indianmustang wrote:Armed Forces Bowl
Matchup projection: BYU vs. SMU

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54032395_8


Please...PLEASE YES. We need to curb stomp them from the Holiday Bowl memories I still recall.


It would certainly exorcise a demon or two from my past. I could go replace the stop sign I tore down after the McMahon miracle pass.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 13402
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby indianmustang » Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:38 pm

Armed Forces Bowl

Tie-In: AAC/Big 12/C-USA
Projection: Marshall vs. SMU
https://athlonsports.com/bowl-projections-2020
Mustang from India
User avatar
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6481
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Irvine, CA, United States

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:03 am

ponyboy wrote:
peruna81 wrote:
indianmustang wrote:Armed Forces Bowl
Matchup projection: BYU vs. SMU

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54032395_8


Please...PLEASE YES. We need to curb stomp them from the Holiday Bowl memories I still recall.


It would certainly exorcise a demon or two from my past. I could go replace the stop sign I tore down after the McMahon miracle pass.


I watched BYU destroy Houston and gang rape Navy this season.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10572
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby Mexmustang » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:13 am

and now Boise...looked awfully big.
Mexmustang
Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Highland Park, Texas

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:03 pm

BYU is tough...but are they as good as Cincy? Those 2 appear head and shoulders above the rest of the G5 but Cincy has the much tougher schedule and more opportunities to falter
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 21059
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby indianmustang » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:27 am

Armed Forces Bowl
Projection: SMU vs. Maryland
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54433400_7
Mustang from India
User avatar
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6481
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Irvine, CA, United States

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:17 am

indianmustang wrote:Armed Forces Bowl
Projection: SMU vs. Maryland
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54433400_7

It would be exciting to play a traditional Big Ten team!
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15843
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 08, 2020 9:59 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:
indianmustang wrote:Armed Forces Bowl
Projection: SMU vs. Maryland
https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/C ... 54433400_7

It would be exciting to play a traditional Big Ten team!

Is Maryland a traditional Big Ten team? They are a traditional P5 team and a Big Ten team now, but there is nothing traditional about Maryland in the Big Ten.
User avatar
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6047
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: San Juan, PR

Re: Bowl Projections

Postby indianmustang » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:11 am

for now they beat Penn state and penn is 0-3
Mustang from India
User avatar
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6481
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:09 pm
Location: Irvine, CA, United States

PreviousNext

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests