PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Danny Gray Status

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Danny Gray Status

Postby shadowman » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:23 pm

Saw from Sam Blum that Danny Gray's absence is a mystery. It was reported that the X-rays were negative and that he practiced on Monday and would be available against Navy.

Sam reported, however, that Gray not only didn't play but was also not even on the sideline/at the game.

Is there something else going on here? Some type of suspension, injury actually much worse than reported?
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Re: Danny Gray Status

Postby PonyPride » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:06 pm

shadowman wrote:Saw from Sam Blum that Danny Gray's absence is a mystery. It was reported that the X-rays were negative and that he practiced on Monday and would be available against Navy.

Sam reported, however, that Gray not only didn't play but was also not even on the sideline/at the game.

Is there something else going on here? Some type of suspension, injury actually much worse than reported?

Gray was on the sideline ... in street clothes. He sprained his wrist against Cincinnati, and after practicing earlier in the week, the soreness persisted so he was held out of the Navy game.

Sonny Dykes said today that Gray practiced fully today, and he (Dykes) expects Gray to play Saturday at Temple.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Webmaster » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:27 pm

I saw him on the sideline wearing a gray sweatshirt (no pun intended). I also noted that while he was fairly animated with his left arm, he kept his right hand inside sweatshirt pocket the few times I noticed him.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby Webmaster » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Webmaster wrote:I saw him on the sideline wearing a gray sweatshirt (no pun intended). I also noted that while he was fairly animated with his left arm, he kept his right hand inside his sweatshirt pocket the few times I noticed him.
"Rhett Lashlee not only has the top G5 transfer class, it’s one of the best classes in the country, period.”
–– Chris Vannini, The Athletic

Thanks for supporting PonyFans.com. If you have any problems or concerns, please e-mail us at webmaster@ponyfans.com
Webmaster
Heisman

Postby shadowman » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:01 pm

Good to know!

Rice stepped up nicely but having Gray back will be huge going forward.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby ponyboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:23 pm

Right now in my mind, Rice is at least as good a player as Gray. Not a knock on Danny.
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:00 am

Wait, you mean Blum falsely reported SMU in a negative light? No way...
JasonB

Postby malonish » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:46 am

Webmaster wrote:
Webmaster wrote:I saw him on the sideline wearing a gray sweatshirt (no pun intended). I also noted that while he was fairly animated with his left arm, he kept his right hand inside his sweatshirt pocket the few times I noticed him.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ojaipony » Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:01 pm

Yeah I saw him on the TV coverage a few times cheering on Rice when he came off the sideline with hand in hoodie pocket. He was very much into the game action from those few clips I saw. Let him rest so he can close the regular season strong against Tulsa and Houston. Need him fresh for those 2 games, especially at Tulsa.
ojaipony

Return to Football