PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Walk Ons from 1997

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Walk Ons from 1997

Postby BostonStang » Mon Feb 16, 2004 3:40 pm

I remember a few of those players...QB Rand Holdren, TE Eric Thompson, QB Jason Ochs, QB Will Carbonara, WR Rob McKinnie...

I don't think any of them saw any time. Anyone ever heard of or know about what happened to those guys.
BostonStang

Postby ALL4SMU » Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:21 pm

Rand saw time, in back up. He actually earned a scholarship but ended up quiting and moving back to Cali...He was most recently seen on a an episode of the O.C.

Eric never saw any time, to my recollection, nor did any of the rest.
\"Show me a happy and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.\"- Knute Rockne
ALL4SMU
Varsity

Postby leopold » Thu Feb 19, 2004 7:22 pm

QB Jason Ochs (who is the the older brother of the former Colorado QB who later transfered to Montana) left sometime during the 1998 season - He didn't get along with coach Cavan. He was a film major and for his senior thesis he made a film on the Death Penalty which was called "Life After Death" -- Interviewed Blackie Sherrod, Cavan, Forrest Greg and some others about it and put 'em on film talking about the incident.
Last I heard he was in California in Law School, wants to become a producer.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Re:

Postby SMUstang » Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:08 pm

leopold wrote:QB Jason Ochs (who is the the older brother of the former Colorado QB who later transfered to Montana) left sometime during the 1998 season - He didn't get along with coach Cavan. He was a film major and for his senior thesis he made a film on the Death Penalty which was called "Life After Death" -- Interviewed Blackie Sherrod, Cavan, Forrest Greg and some others about it and put 'em on film talking about the incident.
Last I heard he was in California in Law School, wants to become a producer.
:x

He should have interviewed and put on film Dale Hansen and the Dallas Morning News. Those guys had first hand information, in fact were it not for them, SMU probably would not have received the death penalty.
SMUstang
Heisman

Postby leopold » Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:10 pm

He did. My apologies, Hanson was interviewed and told the story.
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football