PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Note for Peruna04

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Note for Peruna04

Postby PK » Tue Aug 28, 2001 7:14 pm

Just in case you missed my edited response below...there is a volleyball scrimmage Friday night at 7:00 at Moody.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Note for Peruna04

Postby Stampede » Wed Aug 29, 2001 1:18 pm

it is not a scrimmage ...it is a Game as part of a tournament. If you have not seen a volleyball game at SMU, what a "candy" treat for your eyes! the women can flat play and are GREAT to watch. Also, the new scoring system in volleyball this year makes for a fast and exciting game. It is called "rally scoring" and a point is scored by one team on each serve (whether won or lost by the serving team)

Go out and watch the Mustangs play on Friday night. Also, coach Siefert has gotten verbal commitments from some of the BEST in the country this summer and will easily have one of the best recruiting classes in the nation this fall!!!
SMU...2nd to None
Stampede
All-American

Re: Note for Peruna04

Postby PK » Wed Aug 29, 2001 2:00 pm

Thanks Stampede for setting the record straight. You are correct on all counts. In my rush to answer Peruna04, I quickly scanned the smumustang.com site and did not pick up on the fact that the scrimmage was actually yesterday and not later in the week.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Football