PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The goal was Top 25...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: The goal was Top 25...

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:53 am

I still remember missing out on Brock Berlin when he decided to transfer from Florida and SMU was a finalist for his transfer destination. In the words of Jeff Reinebold while we aren't where we want to be or where we can be, it sure is great to no longer be where we were!
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby TidePony » Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:03 pm

This ^^^
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:02 am

Next year will be interesting. The only team on paper (like most years) that has any potential respect for us getting a W is TCU. ACU, Latech, NTCC are going to be considered must wins for Top 25.

Our conference schedule is tough @ Cincy, Memphis and Houston. Our home schedule isn't a cake walk either. However if SD wants to prove that we are improving then we need to see some big wins. For us to be Top 25, we can only afford to really lose to Cincy and TCU and win the rest and go to the AAC championship otherwise I say we leveled off.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PlanoStang » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:56 pm

Until last year with Shane taking us to middle teens in ranking, I had written off SMU top 25
rankings from my bucket list :!: :!:
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:32 am

I think we are exactly where we want to be. This last season had a chance to be magical without all the Covid Crazy. We now have a football "program" which is going to have a shot each and every year. While I agree with the above that 2021 might be rebuild and 2022 looks very promising, we still have a shot to be pretty darn good next year if things work out better than expected. The "potential" is now on campus every year.
JasonB

Postby mustangxc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:23 pm

No doubt that we are in much better shape now with expectations for our rebuilding year being 6 wins.
mustangxc

Previous

Return to Football