PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

WR/TE For 2021

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

WR/TE For 2021

Postby crazy horse » Wed Dec 23, 2020 9:17 pm

TE has been addressed with Granson leaving and Nolan Matthews transferring in.

What's going on with the WRs - Gray, Roberson, Page - all coming back? We have 3 good looking freshmen coming in and a ton of WRs on the roster. We need some speed and depth at all positions. Lack of depth at WR has been a huge problem the last two years. We have 21 players listed as WR on the roster. Surely we can find 5 or 6 that can run, catch, and stay on the field all year.
"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

New post Rhett Lashlee - College Football's Coach Of The Year
crazy horse
All-American

Re: WR/TE For 2021

Postby CA Mustang » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:59 am

crazy horse wrote: We have 21 players listed as WR on the roster.

I REALLY hope most of those are walk-ons. At the end of Dykes' tenure at Cal, he had 17 WR on the roster and I thought he'd learned from that situation.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby dalpony » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:12 am

We have 12 scholarship WRs - one of which was a walk on who was given a scholarship this year
dalpony
Varsity

Postby Horseshoe » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:12 pm

Sure would be nice if 1 (or better yet, 2) of Burns, Wiggins and Jackson becomes a legitimate contributor.

Doesn't need to be Courtland Sutton overnight (even Sutton wasn't Sutton immediately), but if 1 of the big guys can add to Roberson, Rice, Gray, etc., that will help speed up Mordecai's transition.
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Football