PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU HIRES NEW DC!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

SMULaxer wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:How much will he be making at SMU? He was making $1.7 million annually when he was fired at Oregon in 2019.

Fired at Oregon after nearly coming to blows with the head coach on the practice field. Fired at USF for striking a player in the locker room. Other than that a model of decorum and self control.

Do you want a snowflake for a defensive coordinator? Mix it up, make em tough. LFG.

I'll take that #9 ranked FAU defense.

FAU only gave up 17 PPG, we were giving that up a quarter.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Somebody introduce him to geezerdonk please.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby ponyboy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:22 pm

Second.
ponyboy

Postby geezerdonk » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:02 pm

Have him sit on the sidelines at the basketball games. Ref makes a bad call - POW right in the kisser.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Some insight into Jim Leavitt

https://youtu.be/wBZDvK7qTFc

https://youtu.be/1orfD1wWzJ8

"JIMLEAVITT 1 - YouTube" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJPC-ZGneUE

Jim was the HC at USF when they were #2 in the country. This is a BIG upgrade.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 am

I would love to have a defense like UC has up here. That is the missing piece to some pretty amazing football.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Terry Webster wrote:I would love to have a defense like UC has up here. That is the missing piece to some pretty amazing football.

If only I could have combined my two teams with SMU's offense and Northwestern's defense we would have been natty champs.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby BUS » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 am

With a new DC coming on board and this could potentially be the big change for next year. LOVE the attitude. Good Texas man from the valley.

IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

Personally, I do not make tons of money but do like the thought that I am helping. M-Club, season tickets and if you can.... think about the sack club.

I know you get some perks, but a hat, tee shirt and others items and not the reason to do this. I do it because I want to see some mean dogs playing D for SMU.

Bull Mastiffs four across the front. Three long Pitt bulls at Line backer. Two greyhounds at corner and two Dobermans at Safety.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:05 pm

BUS wrote:IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

Personally, I do not make tons of money but do like the thought that I am helping. M-Club, season tickets and if you can.... think about the sack club.

This is a great idea.

Maybe we can have the defense do a sack club celebration on the sidelines like we do the strip club thing after a turnover to help raise awareness too - would probably only work after big third down sacks forcing a punt but it would be cool.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby JasonB » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am

BUS wrote:With a new DC coming on board and this could potentially be the big change for next year. LOVE the attitude. Good Texas man from the valley.

IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

I know you get some perks, but a hat, tee shirt and others items and not the reason to do this. I do it because I want to see some mean dogs playing D for SMU.

Bull Mastiffs four across the front. Three long Pitt bulls at Line backer. Two greyhounds at corner and two Dobermans at Safety.

Think more 3 Mastiffs in the front, 2 Pitt Bulls at MLB, and 4 Dobermans (2 at safety and two at OLB).

What I am excited the most about the transition to the new defense is that we aren't trying to recruit Unicorns at Fox and Stang End anymore. Those OLB positions become hybrid safety/LB types but individually they don't have to be quite as dynamic as the Fox was supposed to be.
JasonB

Postby BUS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:25 pm

I guess I am old. I prefer the 4-3 D but maybe this new guy does something different.

Or maybe it is people. We need 6 Bull Mastiffs and I hope we get 6'2" 330 that runs and does cartwheels.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby 78pony » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 pm

geezerdonk wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:How much will he be making at SMU? He was making $1.7 million annually when he was fired at Oregon in 2019.

Fired at Oregon after nearly coming to blows with the head coach on the practice field. Fired at USF for striking a player in the locker room. Other than that a model of decorum and self control.

Wow, sign him up. I'm thrilled. Tired of touch and tag FB. Grow a pair and get after it. The ballet group and choir are down the street a ways. I don't want boy scout leaders other than Sonny. Pull your panties up boys, there's a new deputy in town.
78pony
Heisman

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:31 am

78pony wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:

Wow, sign him up. I'm thrilled. Tired of touch and tag FB. Grow a pair and get after it. The ballet group and choir are down the street a ways. I don't want boy scout leaders other than Sonny. Pull your panties up boys, there's a new deputy in town.

Boom!
ALEX LIFESON

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Blum did a great article about the new DC today. Interesting that he was at Morningside College in Sioux City IA at the same time I was in SC as a Pastor.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football