PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU HIRES NEW DC!

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:57 pm

SMULaxer wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:How much will he be making at SMU? He was making $1.7 million annually when he was fired at Oregon in 2019.


Fired at Oregon after nearly coming to blows with the head coach on the practice field. Fired at USF for striking a player in the locker room. Other than that a model of decorum and self control.


Do you want a snowflake for a defensive coordinator? Mix it up, make em tough. LFG.

I'll take that #9 ranked FAU defense.


FAU only gave up 17 PPG, we were giving that up a quarter.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10592
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby mrydel » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:01 pm

Somebody introduce him to geezerdonk please.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
User avatar
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 31638
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Sherwood,AR,USA

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby ponyboy » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:22 pm

Second.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 13538
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby geezerdonk » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:02 pm

Have him sit on the sidelines at the basketball games. Ref makes a bad call - POW right in the kisser.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm
Location: Honky Tonk Prison

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:43 pm

C-ya @ Milos!
User avatar
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4465
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:36 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:20 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:Some insight into Jim Leavitt

https://youtu.be/wBZDvK7qTFc

https://youtu.be/1orfD1wWzJ8


"JIMLEAVITT 1 - YouTube" https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LJPC-ZGneUE

Jim was the HC at USF when they were #2 in the country. This is a BIG upgrade.
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10592
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:51 am

I would love to have a defense like UC has up here. That is the missing piece to some pretty amazing football.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:01 am
Location: Fort Thomas, KY

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:35 pm

Terry Webster wrote:I would love to have a defense like UC has up here. That is the missing piece to some pretty amazing football.

If only I could have combined my two teams with SMU's offense and Northwestern's defense we would have been natty champs.
User avatar
SMU Pom Mom
Varsity
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:50 pm

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby BUS » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:31 am

With a new DC coming on board and this could potentially be the big change for next year. LOVE the attitude. Good Texas man from the valley.

IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

Personally, I do not make tons of money but do like the thought that I am helping. M-Club, season tickets and if you can.... think about the sack club.

I know you get some perks, but a hat, tee shirt and others items and not the reason to do this. I do it because I want to see some mean dogs playing D for SMU.

Bull Mastiffs four across the front. Three long Pitt bulls at Line backer. Two greyhounds at corner and two Dobermans at Safety.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5858
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: Richardson, Tx usa

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:05 pm

BUS wrote:IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

Personally, I do not make tons of money but do like the thought that I am helping. M-Club, season tickets and if you can.... think about the sack club.

This is a great idea.

Maybe we can have the defense do a sack club celebration on the sidelines like we do the strip club thing after a turnover to help raise awareness too - would probably only work after big third down sacks forcing a punt but it would be cool.
Shake It Off Moody
User avatar
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 15993
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2000 3:01 am
Location: The 214

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby JasonB » Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:47 am

BUS wrote:With a new DC coming on board and this could potentially be the big change for next year. LOVE the attitude. Good Texas man from the valley.

IF, big word, IF you can afford to spend some money. Think about the reception it would show if ten, twenty people joined the sack club. All you do is donate money per sack. And yes, there is a cap.

Personally, I do not make tons of money but do like the thought that I am helping. M-Club, season tickets and if you can.... think about the sack club.

I know you get some perks, but a hat, tee shirt and others items and not the reason to do this. I do it because I want to see some mean dogs playing D for SMU.

Bull Mastiffs four across the front. Three long Pitt bulls at Line backer. Two greyhounds at corner and two Dobermans at Safety.


Think more 3 Mastiffs in the front, 2 Pitt Bulls at MLB, and 4 Dobermans (2 at safety and two at OLB).

What I am excited the most about the transition to the new defense is that we aren't trying to recruit Unicorns at Fox and Stang End anymore. Those OLB positions become hybrid safety/LB types but individually they don't have to be quite as dynamic as the Fox was supposed to be.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 6436
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2001 3:01 am
Location: Allen, Tx, USA

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby BUS » Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:25 pm

I guess I am old. I prefer the 4-3 D but maybe this new guy does something different.

Or maybe it is people. We need 6 Bull Mastiffs and I hope we get 6'2" 330 that runs and does cartwheels.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5858
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: Richardson, Tx usa

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby 78pony » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:58 pm

geezerdonk wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:How much will he be making at SMU? He was making $1.7 million annually when he was fired at Oregon in 2019.


Fired at Oregon after nearly coming to blows with the head coach on the practice field. Fired at USF for striking a player in the locker room. Other than that a model of decorum and self control.

Wow, sign him up. I'm thrilled. Tired of touch and tag FB. Grow a pair and get after it. The ballet group and choir are down the street a ways. I don't want boy scout leaders other than Sonny. Pull your panties up boys, there's a new deputy in town.
78pony
Heisman
 
Posts: 1213
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2003 3:01 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:31 am

78pony wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:How much will he be making at SMU? He was making $1.7 million annually when he was fired at Oregon in 2019.


Fired at Oregon after nearly coming to blows with the head coach on the practice field. Fired at USF for striking a player in the locker room. Other than that a model of decorum and self control.

Wow, sign him up. I'm thrilled. Tired of touch and tag FB. Grow a pair and get after it. The ballet group and choir are down the street a ways. I don't want boy scout leaders other than Sonny. Pull your panties up boys, there's a new deputy in town.


Boom!
User avatar
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 10592
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:01 am
Location: GARLAND

Re: SMU HIRES NEW DC!

Postby Terry Webster » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Blum did a great article about the new DC today. Interesting that he was at Morningside College in Sioux City IA at the same time I was in SC as a Pastor.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 3495
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 4:01 am
Location: Fort Thomas, KY

Previous

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests