PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cole Beasley making news

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cole Beasley making news

Postby malonish » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:52 pm

gostangs wrote:

But we dont know that yet which is the entire issue. It has only been 8 months of this new protein spike vaccine. It’s long term effects are unknown. What is known is that COVID is statistically not much of a problem to the young and healthy. What is also unknown is how all the Vax shamers are going to be able to feel good about themselves when this is completely over and we dont have to hear their condescending lectures anymore.

I'm "2 degrees of Kevin Bacon" away from at least 5 under thirty who died from it and weren't obese asthmatics. If you think the unproven "long term negative effects" of the vaccine sound bad let me tell you about the proven effects of this disease that came out a couple years ago...
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:17 pm

malonish wrote:
gostangs wrote:

But we dont know that yet which is the entire issue. It has only been 8 months of this new protein spike vaccine. It’s long term effects are unknown. What is known is that COVID is statistically not much of a problem to the young and healthy. What is also unknown is how all the Vax shamers are going to be able to feel good about themselves when this is completely over and we dont have to hear their condescending lectures anymore.

I'm "2 degrees of Kevin Bacon" away from at least 5 under thirty who died from it and weren't obese asthmatics. If you think the unproven "long term negative effects" of the vaccine sound bad let me tell you about the proven effects of this disease that came out a couple years ago...

1) Not a problem to the young and healthy is disingenuous. Even though they don't die, there are plenty that end up in the hospital or with longer term problems.

2) The long and short term impacts of Covid are much worse than the vaccine. It isn't like this is a vaccine with mercury in it or something like that. It is literally giving you a bit of the virus. That is it. The vast majority of people have an immune system that responds to it and the body thinks they got sick even though they didn't and they are protected from severe infection. That is it.

If you are afraid of getting the vaccine, then you are really just afraid of getting the virus. Which means you should lock yourself up and stay home. If you aren't scared of the virus, then there is absolutely no reason not to get the vaccine.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:53 pm

I got the vaccine, you know that. But I’ll tell you what an African American friend from one of the tougher boroughs of New York told me the other day (a sentiment that many on the non-vaccine side I think would agree with): We don’t trust the government. If its actions are not outright evil (my friend cited the syphilis experiments that were done on the Tuskegee Airmen), it is at best bumbling, often causing great harm where help was intended.

This distrust is a factor and can’t simply be waved away by citing “science.”
ponyboy

Postby JasonB » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:13 pm

ponyboy wrote:I got the vaccine, you know that. But I’ll tell you what an African American friend from one of the tougher boroughs of New York told me the other day (a sentiment that many on the non-vaccine side I think would agree with): We don’t trust the government. If its actions are not outright evil (my friend cited the syphilis experiments that were done on the Tuskegee Airmen), it is at best bumbling, often causing great harm where help was intended.

This distrust is a factor and can’t simply be waved away by citing “science.”

Thank goodness, then, that the vaccines weren't produced by the government, and the majority of scientists promoting the vaccine aren't either.

I understand distrust of the government. The bigger problem is that people trust news anchors more than they trust the actual experts.
JasonB

Postby malonish » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:36 pm

Also there are kids getting hospitalized by this preventable disease and they don't have a choice whether to get the vaccine or not. The adults around them are letting them down by not getting vaccinated to reduce community transmission.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:04 pm

Please don't use the kid excuse. Get vaccinated to ameliorate the disease effects. You can still spread it after vaccination. So, getting vaccinated doesn't prevent you from spreading the disease. There was an article I read the other day that Johns Hopkins did a study of 48,000 children who caught COVID and for healthy children without serious pre-existing conditions like leukemia, the death rate was zero. There are plenty of other reasons to get the vaccine, but don't use the kids as a reason. Also, I noticed that Bryson DeChambeau did not get vaccinated and said it was because he was healthy and believed others needed it more. He lost 10 lbs, but feels fine except he missed valuable practice time. He now won't get vaccinated because he had COVID.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Topper » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:20 pm

EastStang wrote:Please don't use the kid excuse. Get vaccinated to ameliorate the disease effects. You can still spread it after vaccination. So, getting vaccinated doesn't prevent you from spreading the disease. There was an article I read the other day that Johns Hopkins did a study of 48,000 children who caught COVID and for healthy children without serious pre-existing conditions like leukemia, the death rate was zero. There are plenty of other reasons to get the vaccine, but don't use the kids as a reason. Also, I noticed that Bryson DeChambeau did not get vaccinated and said it was because he was healthy and believed others needed it more. He lost 10 lbs, but feels fine except he missed valuable practice time. He now won't get vaccinated because he had COVID.

Malonish's point is perfectly reasonable. First, we have no idea how the new variant is going to effect kids in the long run and the infection rate is higher than the old variant. Second, kids are going back to school, tend to be asymptomatic more than adults, and there is very little if any testing going on in class. This will spread the infection among asymptomatic kids who will bring it home. This is a community-wide issue not limited to kids, adults, elderly, etc.
Topper
Hall of Famer

Postby malonish » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:59 pm

EastStang wrote:Please don't use the kid excuse. Get vaccinated to ameliorate the disease effects. You can still spread it after vaccination.

You intentionally left out that you are still extremely less likely to contract the disease while vaccinated so I won't give the rest of your post the time of day. The vaccine is not a "treatment" like some grifters have attempted to sell.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:10 am

I got this from a friend who asked for my opinion on COVID-19:

Thanks for the input. I am always in need of more data points and opinions from trustworthy folks like yourself.

Hope you glean only benefits from the shot(s). I wish no one ill on any side of this issue. Except the bastards who funded and created and let loose the pathogen and lied about it and locked us down over it. I wish them no success in their endeavors.
ponyboy

Postby peruna81 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:36 am

ponyboy wrote:I got this from a friend who asked for my opinion on COVID-19:

Thanks for the input. I am always in need of more data points and opinions from trustworthy folks like yourself.

Hope you glean only benefits from the shot(s). I wish no one ill on any side of this issue. Except the bastards who funded and created and let loose the pathogen and lied about it and locked us down over it. I wish them no success in their endeavors.

Aye...
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby BUS » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:07 am

Six minutes.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/LLNADqYSs3bs/

Many things need to heal.

God's Peace
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Aug 10, 2021 4:59 pm

BUS wrote:Six minutes.

God's Peace

Interesting listen but I was not familiar with the source so had to check:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitChute

https://www.adl.org/blog/bitchute-a-hotbed-of-hate

Frustrating for anyone trying to identify facts vs fiction in this debate. All I know is suddenly there are several of my neighbors falling victim to this bug and I now know too many who have been hospitalized and even died. Don't think I've ever known anyone who died from any other virus (with the exception of one HIV/AIDS case many many years ago)
Charleston Pony

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:09 pm

Hmmm. Should I trust a video from Bitchute of some fast talking guy drawing erroneous conclusions from mangling the facts or the actual CDC? Tough call. With Cole, at least, he has been hit in the head countless times. I can't explain Bryson.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby malonish » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:46 pm

BUS wrote:Six minutes.

God's Peace

There's a lot the bro just gets wrong and I question both his credentials and intent.

The bro literally said the people that read and publish the science don't read the science.
Bro said the viruses go through the masks when they don't (because they are caught in the droplets which don't go through the mask).
Bro said respiratory viruses wait for immune systems to get weak ( when for blowups it's actually the change in time spent indoors and close proximity during winter months but people still get sick year round with flu).
Bro said this vaccination changes none of this (wrong).
Bro says "Why is a vaccine that's effective having a breakout?" Because people decided hat color was more important than vaccination. Why is he shocked that they got sick? He should know better if he's actually got those credentials.
Bro said vaccines made the virus worse. The virus got worse because it circulated freely in other countries who we here decided shouldn't receive the information free of patent and it had billions of bodies to mutate in.
"My source is a flash drive"
Bro said "Unvaccinated individuals got the mumps from vaccinated people" because viruses can't be unknowingly transmitted by unvaccinated people while they are pre symptomatic right? :roll:
Bro said "You can't prevent viral respiratory infection with a vaccine" yeah that's exactly what the trials showed the vaccines did at high rate of results. When the unvaccinated become massive factories and blast people with it you still get breakthroughs because nothing is 100%.
Bro talks as if it's only vaccinated people are getting ill when it's mostly unvaccinated.

That was just me typing as he rambled incoherently. I'm in the software field and can still see through his medical incorrectness. Anyway here's other people doing what he didn't, providing information that hasn't been widely debunked.

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/healt ... 7f70090ac0

https://www.deplatformdisease.com/blog/ ... ock-claims
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:10 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:Hmmm. Should I trust a video from Bitchute of some fast talking guy drawing erroneous conclusions from mangling the facts or the actual CDC? Tough call. With Cole, at least, he has been hit in the head countless times. I can't explain Bryson.

Probably hit in the head by some errant golf balls.
mustangxc

PreviousNext

Return to Football