PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cole Beasley making news

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cole Beasley making news

Postby dalpony » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:44 am

JasonB - right on point
dalpony
Varsity

Postby mrydel » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:50 am

Of course the Japanese would not agree with your analogy.

BTW I got my vaccination as soon as I was eligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:37 pm

That was a meta4
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby gostangs » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:42 am

JasonB wrote:London during WW2: Government issued a blackout order. I'll do my part to make sure my family and the people around me don't get hurt.

Today: The government doesn't have the right to tell me I can't turn off my light. Everyone should make their own decisions about whether or not they feel comfortable with turning off their lights. Besides, if everyone turns off their lights, there is a still a chance you die randomly from a bomb.

Congrats on winning the hysterical virtue signaling analogy award. This would be true if turning your lights on had potential long term health concerns and getting hit by a bomb resulted in a 99.3% survival rate.
gostangs

Postby GHammond » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:23 am

Good one, GoStangs! Sort of like Gavin Newsom’s drunk driver / COVID analogy that completely missed the mark.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby JasonB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 am

gostangs wrote:
JasonB wrote:London during WW2: Government issued a blackout order. I'll do my part to make sure my family and the people around me don't get hurt.

Today: The government doesn't have the right to tell me I can't turn off my light. Everyone should make their own decisions about whether or not they feel comfortable with turning off their lights. Besides, if everyone turns off their lights, there is a still a chance you die randomly from a bomb.

Congrats on winning the hysterical virtue signaling analogy award. This would be true if turning your lights on had potential long term health concerns and getting hit by a bomb resulted in a 99.3% survival rate.

Your probabilty of leaving the lights on and suffering both short and long term health issues is much greater than turning them off.

Your probability of not getting vaccinated and suffering both short and long term health issues is much greater than getting vaccinated.
JasonB

Postby Dukie » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:32 am

JasonB wrote:
gostangs wrote:

Your probabilty of leaving the lights on and suffering both short and long term health issues is much greater than turning them off.

Your probability of not getting vaccinated and suffering both short and long term health issues is much greater than getting vaccinated.

Don't worry about trying to convince "gostangs." That person just likes to incorrectly accuse those he disagrees with of virtue signaling every chance he gets, lol.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby EastStang » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:45 pm

The "science" now is that the vaccine will not prevent you from getting COVID, but decreases the severity of the disease. The disease is still not usually fatal to folks under the age of 40 and we now know that immunity from contracting the disease is stronger than immunity from a vaccine. The Delta variant is not going away and I'm sure a Gamma variant will show itself soon (hopefully it doesn't turn us into the Hulk). More children died of the flu in 2021 than of COVID. So, where are we? Do we need masks or not? Do we need more people to get vaccinated? Should children under 12 be vaccinated for COVID or be forced to wear masks to school? The fact is that you won't get unanimous agreement on any of these questions. I'm waiting for the TV lawyer advertisers to start, "Did you contract COVID after being vaccinated, call 1-800-imashyster for your free consultation."
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby well travelled pony » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:26 pm

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/07/21 ... eaths/amp/

Eaststang, lol, "immunity is stronger from contracting than immunity from vaccine. " lol.
well travelled pony
All-American

Cole Beasley making news

Postby geezerdonk » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:37 pm

I have been vaccinated but I can still spread the disease just like the unvaccinated can spread the disease. Am I nevertheless more virtuous than the unvaccinated?
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:31 pm

geezerdonk wrote:I have been vaccinated but I can still spread the disease just like the unvaccinated can spread the disease. Am I nevertheless more virtuous than the unvaccinated?

Absolutely! If you become infected the chances of you needing hospitalization is much, much less. This leaves more medical resources available to those who need it. You made a moral decision.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Cole Beasley making news

Postby geezerdonk » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:03 pm

Being less likely to be hospitalized has nothing to do with spreading. I am just as likely spread the disease as the unvaccinated.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:39 pm

Love the G.K. Chesterton profile pic.
ponyboy

Postby HubbaHubba » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:40 pm

geezerdonk wrote:Being less likely to be hospitalized has nothing to do with spreading. I am just as likely spread the disease as the unvaccinated.

There are a number of reasons to be vaccinated beyond just issues regarding spreading the virus. My apologies for applauding your virtue :shock:?
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby gostangs » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:13 pm

JasonB wrote:
gostangs wrote:

But we dont know that yet which is the entire issue. It has only been 8 months of this new protein spike vaccine. It’s long term effects are unknown. What is known is that COVID is statistically not much of a problem to the young and healthy. What is also unknown is how all the Vax shamers are going to be able to feel good about themselves when this is completely over and we dont have to hear their condescending lectures anymore.
gostangs

PreviousNext

Return to Football