PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cole Beasley making news

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cole Beasley making news

Postby White Helmet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:02 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:Thanks White . The CDC has recorded 5000 deaths from the vaccines but I guess that’s minuscule compared to how many have been administered . Can’t live forever.

I’m not sure about that number of 5000 being correct but it clearly has saved significantly more.

To clarify the 5000 is taken from the VAERS system which takes all reports of death after vaccination regardless of cause of death. As the CDC says on that same info page is review of medical charts shows no correlation in those to vaccination. The VAERS system is notoriously full of weird reports, like unvaccinated people being harmed by people “shedding” vaccine which doesn’t happen…
Last edited by White Helmet on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:10 pm

White Helmet wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Can you answer the question how two people constitute a statistically significant sample?

It’s not but I just answered the question he asked. Although recent AMA surveys have vaccination rates amongst MDs at ~95%.

I wonder
how many of those are burdened with financial collegiate debt and don’t have a choice .
You know the things that are discussed behind closed doors in private
One Trick Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby White Helmet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:14 pm

Are we talking about wondering or facts?
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:25 pm

White Helmet wrote:Are we talking about wondering or facts?

I’m not certain anyone could Definitively give facts in this world we live in today specifically about this issue where would you get the data from the news??
You know what I’m talking about your wife and you both had the same conversation you decided and made a choice others have made one also.
One Trick Pony

Postby White Helmet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:30 pm

The data is from surveying physicians and seeing if they are vaccinated. That’s not a news thing, it’s a compilation of a yes/no question.
As for the conversation with my wife about getting vaccinated it was less than 30s. I’m eligible for the vaccine, great what day? Done.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 pm

White Helmet wrote:The data is from surveying physicians and seeing if they are vaccinated. That’s not a news thing, it’s a compilation of a yes/no question.
As for the conversation with my wife about getting vaccinated it was less than 30s. I’m eligible for the vaccine, great what day? Done.

My wife also works in a hospital 17 years she’s not going to . Along with Approximately 40% of the staff
.When it is mandated versus termination I’m thinking half of those will.
But we’re not in a financial situation where we have to work, so I respect her thoughts.
She wants to care for others But has become tainted with the almighty dollar as what’s most important in the medical field
Last edited by One Trick Pony on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One Trick Pony

Postby White Helmet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
White Helmet wrote:The data is from surveying physicians and seeing if they are vaccinated. That’s not a news thing, it’s a compilation of a yes/no question.

I’m not taking the [deleted]

So here’s the question. Is there anything I can talk to you about as a professional scientist and educator that would change your stance on that? Or have you decided and that’s that?
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby malonish » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:37 pm

One Trick Pony wrote: The CDC has recorded 5000 deaths from the vaccines but I guess that’s minuscule compared to how many have been administered .

Got a source other than the open, unfiltered, and unverified posts that anyone can put into VAERS? There are reports of people turning into the Hulk as well. I'll gladly read what you post.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby One Trick Pony » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:42 pm

White Helmet wrote:
One Trick Pony wrote:

I’m not taking the [deleted]

So here’s the question. Is there anything I can talk to you about as a professional scientist and educator that would change your stance on that? Or have you decided and that’s that?

I’m thinking Medical advise on pony fans is the best thing Since Obama care
One Trick Pony

Postby malonish » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:47 pm

PerunaPunch wrote:

The CDC has been all over the map, and they have changed their position over time on issues such as mask wearing. The fact that CDC guidance has changed from "no evidence that masks will protect from COVID", to wear a mask, to various other mask(s) + vaccine combinations, demonstrates that "science" isn't always correct

Sorry to bring this old one back but the mask communication was never "If you wear a mask you are protected from disease" because masks were built with the #1 priority to catch water droplets coming out ya face. It can catch negligible amounts going in, a nonzero amount, but it's not the primary purpose. Masks were for if you were pre or asymptomatic it will catch your rona spitballs.

Example: let's say if left unchecked it would be a hypothetical 100% infection rate. If hypothetically a mask would catch 80% of someone's water drops going out and prevent 5% going into your own mouth or nose then the masks have an effectiveness of:
100% x .2 x .95 = 19%
1 mask only on infected person is:
100% x .2 = 20%

All psuedo random numbers but the idea is that as long as the unknowing infected person had theirs on then you'd be less likely to catch it but if only you had one on then you're still getting it pretty much.

The last point of """"""""science""""""" being incorrect is actually an apt conclusion to make. If new evidence rears its head and the knowledgebase and responses were not adjusted then it wouldn't be science. It would be ritual. If you want to speak against science then that's not the homerun you think it is.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:48 pm

One Trick Pony wrote:
I’m thinking Medical advise on pony fans is the best thing Since Obama care

This guy is actually willing to help you and knows infinitely more on the subject than you. Are you going to stay dogmatic to whatever you think you learned or are you going to challenge your misguided beliefs with this grand opportunity to learn?
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:

PonyPride:

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ponyboy » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:48 pm

White Helmet wrote:So here’s the question. Is there anything I can talk to you about as a professional scientist and educator that would change your stance on that? Or have you decided and that’s that?

I believe your offer is in good faith, so I’ll take you up on it. I’m honestly not trying to win an argument. Just trying to learn.

Why should I get the vaccine? I’m a 54 year old male in good health, if that helps
ponyboy

Postby PNW_Stang » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:00 pm

I remember reading about the swine flu vaccine in Sweden around 2009. It was rushed, forced on young people, and messed a lot of people up for life.

I personally know multiple people who got really sick from the vaccine (like thought they were going to die level sick), and nobody that got more than a mild flu for a day or two from Covid.

But, maybe my view is skewed because of personal observations within my sphere of influence.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby White Helmet » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:39 pm

ponyboy wrote:
White Helmet wrote:So here’s the question. Is there anything I can talk to you about as a professional scientist and educator that would change your stance on that? Or have you decided and that’s that?

I believe your offer is in good faith, so I’ll take you up on it. I’m honestly not trying to win an argument. Just trying to learn.

Why should I get the vaccine? I’m a 54 year old male in good health, if that helps

So for starters at 54 you are already moving into a moderate risk group. The trial data shows us the vaccines (at least the 3 in the US, we can talk about sputnik and sinovax separately) prevent death from COVID. That’s already a plus. The other feature is it protects people around you, at 54 are mom and dad still around? In laws? Do you interact with anyone who is immune compromised? Are you sure? I don’t know the medical stories for all my coworkers. So by vaccinating myself I can minimize my risk of giving it to someone else.

On the other hand by not vaccinating your personal benefit is almost zero. When there have been adverse reactions to vaccines as in the narcolepsy in the 2009 Sweden swine flu vaccine they were identified much earlier (time from vaccination) than we are in this vaccine rollout and with significantly less doses given. There are plenty of stories on Twitter about people feeling sick after their vaccinations but the plural of anecdotes is not data. Looking at data the actual reported reactions rates are lower than other vaccines we use.

If there are other specific questions I am more to an willing to give my thoughts. I really do want to know if there are specific concerns you have about being vaccinated.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby PerunaPunch » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:05 am

One Trick Pony wrote:I’m thinking Medical advise on pony fans is the best thing Since Obama care

It's the Burger Wars of Pandemic resolution!
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Football