PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

La. Tech - SMU Game Guesses

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

La. Tech - SMU Game Guesses

Postby SMUPonyFan » Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:36 pm

I am picking SMU 13 - La. Tech 7. I am just starting off the old fashioned Ponyfans.com guess the score game.

------------------
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
Go Red, Go Blue, Go Mustangs, S M U
SMUPonyFan
Varsity

Re: La. Tech - SMU Game Guesses

Postby PerunaPunch » Thu Aug 30, 2001 1:11 pm

Well, I've never seen LA Tech play in person, but according to all reports, their offence can and will put up some points. I'm thinking a blown coverage will lead to one score. They'll earn one the hard way, and two other drives will get stuffed -- but stuffed within FG range. That's 20 pts.

LA Tech won't be able to stop the Mustang's ground game. I'm thinking 200+ yards on the ground. 3TDS plus the new and improved kicking game will hit 3FGs. SMU 30 LAT 20.
"It's a couple hundred million dollars. I'm not losing sleep over it." -- David Miller
PerunaPunch
Hall of Famer

Re: La. Tech - SMU Game Guesses

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 30, 2001 1:49 pm

I really have no idea what to expect. Besides being the first game of the season, both these teams are pretty unpredictable. I picked this one as a loss in the season record guesses, so I'll be true to that: La Tech 31-27. Tend to think they have a big emotional advantage in their first Wac game trying to prove themselves.

Return to Football