PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Texas-Oklahoma reach out to SEC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Texas-Oklahoma reach out to SEC

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:08 am

Charleston Pony wrote:It's certainly entertaining and at least SMU is better positioned to find a seat at a decent table this time around. We just aren't going to be a part of any 4 super conference scenario featuring the most attractive 64 teams but there could be a pretty attractive group of leftovers to compete against

We are definitely in a much better position now and I am sure Rick Hart has been working the rooms pretty hard over the past few years.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:13 am

I am not too worried. We may end up in a better situation than we are currently in by sharing a conference with Baylor, TCU, Texas Tech, etc. We may end up just as we are or in an intact AAC or we could land in a different but similar situation if the Big XII adds Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis, and UCF by reaching out to the Mountain West. Playing in the Mountain West would not be too different from out current schedule (yes it would be a downgrade but nothing too drastic so I would be ok with that.
mustangxc

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:54 am

We are definitely in a much better position now and I am sure Rick Hart has been working the rooms pretty hard over the past few years.

No kiddin'. Pretty sure he's been bustin' his ars. :roll:
Bergermeister

Postby EastStang » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:46 am

Oh and for the record, another conference realignment thread means another kitten has died. Hopefully, this is the last round.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby redpony » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:12 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote: I am sure Rick Hart has been working the rooms pretty hard over the past few years.

with all due respect surly you jest. More likely he has spent his time trying to figure out a 're-seat' to drive away fball fans like he did with the bball program and also conjuring up a new contract for our pseudo bball coach.
Where we land in the new realignment process will be very indicative of his real abilities as an AD.
redpony

Postby dickey1331 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:21 pm

Does anyone remember that one rumor from rivals I think it was that SMU was going to the SEC.
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:33 pm

dickey1331 wrote:Does anyone remember that one rumor from rivals I think it was that SMU was going to the SEC.

:lol:
Bergermeister

Previous

Return to Football