PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Re-Alignment re Baylor

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Re-Alignment re Baylor

Postby redpony » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm

hm & hh - yes!!! agree that rape U should go begging. the ghost of motorcycle annie has not passed.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Water Pony » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:49 am

Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:07 pm

Reading the report, Baylor did not violate NCAA rules regarding impermissible benefits to athletes because bu has a "campus-wide culture of non reporting". In other words bu is such a freaking campus wide cesspool of rape with a pattern of mistreating the victims after the fact that the athletes just got the Good Ol Baylor Line treatment like the many other (non athlete) sexual sadist that go to school there. I did not think my opinion of this outhouse of a school could go any lower. I was wrong.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:31 pm

HubbaHubba wrote:Reading the report, Baylor did not violate NCAA rules regarding impermissible benefits to athletes because bu has a "campus-wide culture of non reporting". In other words bu is such a freaking campus wide cesspool of rape with a pattern of mistreating the victims after the fact that the athletes just got the Good Ol Baylor Line treatment like the many other (non athlete) sexual sadist that go to school there. I did not think my opinion of this outhouse of a school could go any lower. I was wrong.

It's just disgusting. Makes me sick.

Never forget.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ponyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Do forget! Forgive and forget.

I join with the disgust for what happened. I’m not here to defend anyone other than to say that Baylor truly has done a complete house cleaning. Everything they possibly could have done and more, starting at the top. It makes me truly sad when people make kneejerk, everlasting judgements about individuals or institutions. Don’t pronounce your own doom. As you judge, so shall you be judged.
ponyboy

Postby docabel » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:38 pm

The bu scandal / penalties are right in line with how they treated unc. The NCAA is not saying they didn't do anything illegial/wrong, but since they were also doing the same illegal/wrong things for the non student athletes, the ncaa is just going to wash their hands of it.

Now SMU, if you let a prospective student athlete cheat on a high school test - all hellfire will rain on your program. If only we could have shown that a non-athlete cheated on a high school test as well....
docabel
Heisman

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:42 pm

When Baylor presented it's defense to the NCAA (to protect the football team) as you can't sanction the team because we let every one get away with it makes me seriously wonder whether that house has been cleaned. It makes me sad that an institution cares so little for it's students that it let this go on for so long and use it's own failures as it's best defense. Those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:59 pm

If you seriously wonder, then do the research to correct the ignorance. Having kids who have attended the school since 2014, and one still there, I’ve been following this about as closely as one can. I’m telling you, while there’s no excusing what happened, there is literally nothing else anyone could possibly have expected Baylor to do in response. They’ve been a model as to how one would go about responding. What do we expect them to have done beyond what they have done? The NCAA rightly recognized what Baylor has done - thus the highly reduced sanctions.
ponyboy

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:10 pm

They did not reduce the sanctions because of what Baylor has done. They did not levy meaningful sanctions because of what Baylor was not doing in response to all sexual assaults involving all students. Do the research to correct the ignorance. I hope your kids are OK.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby ponyboy » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Yes, by some miracle, my kids have been able to buck the odds and avoid the thousands of rapists prowling the campus.
ponyboy

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:26 pm

Good. It has been a safe haven for rapist for way too long.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby mustangxc » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:54 pm

ponyboy wrote:Do forget! Forgive and forget.

I join with the disgust for what happened. I’m not here to defend anyone other than to say that Baylor truly has done a complete house cleaning. Everything they possibly could have done and more, starting at the top. It makes me truly sad when people make kneejerk, everlasting judgements about individuals or institutions. Don’t pronounce your own doom. As you judge, so shall you be judged.

Not easy to forget if you are the victim of rape. I understand forgiving as it releases you from carrying that burden, but Baylor never suffered any consequences for its gross negligence. They went beyond being negligent, to enabling rapists to prey on their victims. Rape University is a national embarrassment.
mustangxc

Postby dalpony » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:06 pm

You are right on mustangxc
dalpony
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:06 pm

Baylor fans did not hide their glee when we got the death penalty. I did not hear Baylor fans saying look at what SMU did to clean up its act. No they said don’t take SMU into Big XII, take us instead. When Nebraska, Missouri, and Colorado left the conference did they lobby to add SMU? I’d still take them because of their success in men’s and women’s hoops.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:58 am

“Baylor admitted to moral and ethical failings in its handling of sexual and interpersonal violence on campus but argued those failings, however egregious, did not constitute violations of NCAA rules.”

This says it all. Baylor sold whatever soul it had for football, but there’s no punishment by the NCAA anymore. The NCAA is a farce and a mafia. Instead of promoting equality among all programs, they like to divide by creating certain power conferences. Instead of punishing true aggressors, those that cheat, or worse, conceal and do anything to support certain athletes or programs, they turn a blind eye.

Rape U (Baylor) and Perv U (aka Penn St) should have had their football programs shut down permanently for what those universities institutionally allowed to take place. It’s downright shameful and there’s absolutely no defending it. There’s no excuse that can ever justify their complete lack of institutional control and oversight. It goes without saying that university should be for learning not for enabling rapists. The NCAA is a sham.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football