PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cincinnati

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Cincinnati

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:22 pm

The folks up here are just about positive that they will be heading to the AcC. If so, they will be the second best football team over there but I think basketball will get buried.
Last edited by Terry Webster on Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Cincinnati

Postby redpony » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:30 pm

I would gladly trade them for OSU,KU and a few others. Let them go. their impression of themselves is grossly overstated.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mrydel » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:42 pm

Terry Webster wrote:The folks up here are just about positive that they will be heading to the AAC. If so, they will be the second best football team over there but I think basketball will get buried.
I assume you mean ACC
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 pm

mrydel wrote:
Terry Webster wrote:The folks up here are just about positive that they will be heading to the AAC. If so, they will be the second best football team over there but I think basketball will get buried.
I assume you mean ACC

Thanks. I fixed it.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:08 pm

The current ACC TV contract has massive buyout penalties through 2036. That is pretty much the only reason Clemson and Florida State are not joining the SEC.

If you add a school, you re-open contract negotiations and risk those two schools leaving. The only way that will happen is if ND joins. They won't take the risk with Cincy and WVU.
JasonB

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm

I struggle to see how Cincinnati would be desirable to the ACC unless Notre Dame "leaves" and the conference is desperate to get to 16 someday in the future.

Cincinnati definitely gets credit for some good football under Fickell but dropping sports is not good at all. It feels like eons from the Tommy Tubervlle-Mick Cronin days. Not to mention their font.

As Jason mentioned there is no way the ACC is going to risk that TV deal except for ND which isn't happening.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Return to Football