PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Gerrit Choate

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Gerrit Choate

Postby PonyPride » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:18 pm

A post from Gerrit Choate's Twitter account:

"I made a post several months ago where I explained that I was experiencing severe overuse injuries to both of my feet that started in February 2020. My intention after being unable to play this past season was to let my feet fully recover and then continue playing my remaining two years of eligibility. After discussing the reality of my injuries with multiple doctors and my family, I've been advised that it is in my best interest to medically retire from football. The risk of long-term permanent damage to both feet is too high for me to continue playing. Although I'm absolutely crushed my football career was cut short and I'm still trying to come to terms with it, I'm incredibly grateful for the coaches, teammates and unforgettable memories I experienced on this journey. Being a football player was a huge blessing in my life, and I'll cherish it forever. I wish more than anything I could go out in a different way, but I'm extremely excited to see what this next chapter of my life has in store for me!!!"
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Gerrit Choate

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:55 pm

Best of luck to Gerrit
Charleston Pony

Postby BUS » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:20 am

Wise choice.
See you at the games and Boulevard.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby PNW_Stang » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:45 pm

I’m sure his dad was really proud of him and watching him play for SMU made the whole family happy.

Wonder if it’s plantar fasciitis type pain when heavy lifting? I had to quit deadlifting, and even certain types of lunges, because it felt like the muscles in my feet were being ripped apart any time I worked out with weight.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Return to Football