PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

"Losing Our Religion: TX College Football Identity Crisis"

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: "Losing Our Religion: TX College Football Identity Crisi

Postby redpony » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:23 pm

Dukie wrote: Although it would be a huge blow if the Little 8 hold together (not a given); expand (not a given); and leave SMU out (not a given).

IMO tc-who and rape U will do all they can to prevent SMU from joining any conference they are in. And I am for having a conference with them looking on the outside for just that reason.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:46 am

EastStang wrote:The weak links in the ACC are Boston College, Syracuse, and Pitt. In the Big 10 are Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern, Rutgers and Maryland.

Ah, the only school who can finish the football season ranked in the AP top 10, have 2 division titles in the last three years, have a 5-2 bowl record over the past 10 years, build a brand new amazeballs $270 million practice facility, be the academic gem of the conference they founded, and still be considered a "weak link." LOL, we are used to that, though. But I will say, those cheaters in Nebraska can go.

Anyway, I hope SMU lands somewhere good. I am definitely in the Big12-AAC merger camp.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:48 am

SMU Pom Mom wrote:
EastStang wrote:The weak links in the ACC are Boston College, Syracuse, and Pitt. In the Big 10 are Illinois, Nebraska, Northwestern, Rutgers and Maryland.

Ah, the only school who can finish the football season ranked in the AP top 10, have 2 division titles in the last three years, have a 5-2 bowl record over the past 10 years, build a brand new amazeballs $270 million practice facility, be the academic gem of the conference they founded, and still be considered a "weak link." LOL, we are used to that, though. But I will say, those cheaters in Nebraska can go.

Anyway, I hope SMU lands somewhere good. I am definitely in the Big12-AAC merger camp.

SMU Pom Mom, I had the same reaction as you with respect to Northwestern, who was more than a decade ago the stepchild in the BiG with long losing records in the conference. Today, Pat Fitzgerald has them contenting every year and gives Wisconsin and Michigan hell.

Like Stanford, Northwestern is an exception to the rule with regard to private schools and their relative over-performance against state schools.
Last edited by Water Pony on Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:28 am

Plus Northwestern is Chicago's Big Ten Team.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Football