PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: ATTENDANCE FOR ACU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: ATTENDANCE FOR ACU

Postby Dukie » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:18 pm

Smumba2009 wrote:
Dukie wrote:I predict 20,000. And I hope all those attending care about the 1500 (median
age above 70) to be vaccinated.

Could we just talk football? 20 months of pandemic. I come here for the love of football and my university.... not more covid talk. Seriously

For the record, I really hope it’s 33,000 on Saturday. Doing my part to make that happen.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby CBpony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:03 am

So what was the official count? Didn't look anywhere close to 20k. ACU didn't bring anyone.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Mustangs35SMU » Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:30 am

CBpony wrote:So what was the official count? Didn't look anywhere close to 20k. ACU didn't bring anyone.

23,373 according to the SMU website.
Mustangs35SMU
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:26 pm

We were in sec 210. My observation, home side lower sections were 90%+ full from end zone to end zone, upper deck a little less so. Most students appeared to be spread out between the home side and the hillside under the scoreboard. The hillside was actually pretty full (definitely more white clothes than green grass showing) until after half time. Hard to say how many fans ACU brought. There actually seemed to be a decent critical mass of purple there, but they were spread out among the entire visitors sections instead of being densely packed into just a few sections. Of course the crowd thinned out considerably after half time and by the time the 3rd qtr ended it was just the usual diehards. We walked around and sat one section over from the band for the last few series, and made our exit during ACUs last possession.

I would hope for a few more SMU fans (both diehard and casual) next week, and we know UNT typically travels well for this game, so it might be just a few thousand short of a sell out.

By the way, what happened to the fireworks? We kind of missed those.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:41 pm

ponywhupp9202 wrote:We were in sec 210. My observation, home side lower sections were 90%+ full from end zone to end zone, upper deck a little less so. Most students appeared to be spread out between the home side and the hillside under the scoreboard. The hillside was actually pretty full (definitely more white clothes than green grass showing) until after half time. Hard to say how many fans ACU brought. There actually seemed to be a decent critical mass of purple there, but they were spread out among the entire visitors sections instead of being densely packed into just a few sections. Of course the crowd thinned out considerably after half time and by the time the 3rd qtr ended it was just the usual diehards. We walked around and sat one section over from the band for the last few series, and made our exit during ACUs last possession.

I would hope for a few more SMU fans (both diehard and casual) next week, and we know UNT typically travels well for this game, so it might be just a few thousand short of a sell out.

Yes where were the fireworks? I'm guessing because they had to relegate the kid zone to the back (sorry parents who now can't watch the game) so that we can have the 6 people at "club takeaway". So dumb.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:12 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
ponywhupp9202 wrote:We were in sec 210. My observation, home side lower sections were 90%+ full from end zone to end zone, upper deck a little less so. Most students appeared to be spread out between the home side and the hillside under the scoreboard. The hillside was actually pretty full (definitely more white clothes than green grass showing) until after half time. Hard to say how many fans ACU brought. There actually seemed to be a decent critical mass of purple there, but they were spread out among the entire visitors sections instead of being densely packed into just a few sections. Of course the crowd thinned out considerably after half time and by the time the 3rd qtr ended it was just the usual diehards. We walked around and sat one section over from the band for the last few series, and made our exit during ACUs last possession.

Yes where were the fireworks? I'm guessing because they had to relegate the kid zone to the back (sorry parents who now can't watch the game) so that we can have the 6 people at "club takeaway". So dumb.

Kid zone in the back is awesome. I stayed in my seats until half, dumped him in there while I got food. Then went and sat for the third. In the fourth, we headed over there, I dumped him off and still got to watch the game from the hill. Don't have to watch him as much with the kid zone behind the fence.
JasonB
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:19 pm

JasonB wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Kid zone in the back is awesome. I stayed in my seats until half, dumped him in there while I got food. Then went and sat for the third. In the fourth, we headed over there, I dumped him off and still got to watch the game from the hill. Don't have to watch him as much with the kid zone behind the fence.

I get that plan. I just know my little guy doesn't give me the option of going back to my seat. He's still too little to go to the game but even one day he'll be at the age where you can't just be like okay "Timmy" time to go or else. :lol:

I'm guessing that's why we don't have fireworks or they knew they wouldn't have enough.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Previous

Return to Football