PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: ACU Game Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: ACU Game Thread

Postby CBpony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:19 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
TidePony wrote:By far, the BEST student attendance I can remember in some time (especially for a tune up game). A pretty good boulevard, too.

Of course they didn't really stay through the game. We really need people to follow the UT way of things: "Get there early, stay late, wear red or blue and be loud".

You must be talking about Tennessee fans because the ut crowd definitely doesn't stay till the end.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby sail420s » Sun Sep 05, 2021 12:39 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
TidePony wrote:By far, the BEST student attendance I can remember in some time (especially for a tune up game). A pretty good boulevard, too.

Of course they didn't really stay through the game. We really need people to follow the UT way of things: "Get there early, stay late, wear red or blue and be loud".

Hey SMU_Alum11...The bottom of your post has the "Fire Garrett Riley" line. I was definitely on that train with you last year. The first quarter of this game was more of the same. 1st down run. 2nd down pass. All runs straight up the middle. It was nice to see him start to break up that pattern in the second quarter and beginning of the third. One of the long TD's was a 1st down pass. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come! It was a lot of running in the 4th, but that was just kill clock and go home time.
sail420s
Varsity

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:42 pm

sail420s wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Hey SMU_Alum11...The bottom of your post has the "Fire Garrett Riley" line. I was definitely on that train with you last year. The first quarter of this game was more of the same. 1st down run. 2nd down pass. All runs straight up the middle. It was nice to see him start to break up that pattern in the second quarter and beginning of the third. One of the long TD's was a 1st down pass. Hopefully, it's a sign of things to come! It was a lot of running in the 4th, but that was just kill clock and go home time.

Oh man thank you for calling that out. Yes that's a last year post and forgot to change it to something positive until we get like 7-8 games in lol.

I thought the offense sputtered way too much in the first quarter but it's ACU so they probably were already burned out by then.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Arkpony » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:20 pm

Regarding our offensive play calling: I would be interested in a breakdown of the percent of our sideline passes that go for more than 2 yards.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:42 pm

I wonder how much the game plan changed when it looked like the TD pass record was at hand.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Previous

Return to Football