PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tanner Mordecai

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Tanner Mordecai

Postby PonyPride » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:02 pm

To the surprise of exactly nobody ...

From SMUMustangs.com:

Mordecai Named AAC Offensive Player Of The Week

IRVING, Texas (The American/SMU) – Mustang quarterback Tanner Mordecai was named the first American Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Week this season, league officials announced Monday.

Mordecai set a school record and tied The American standard with seven passing TDs, including five in the first half, in the Mustangs' 56-9 season-opening win over ACU. The record-setting seven TD passes went to four different Mustangs, including Grant Calcaterra (2), Danny Gray (2), Nolan Matthews-Harris (2) and Rashee Rice. In addition to the career-high seven TD passes, Mordecai went a career-best 24-for-30 for 317 yards.

Mordecai was also named a CFPA Honorable Mention National Performer of the Week.

The Mustangs host UNT on Saturday at 6 p.m. at Ford Stadium. For more information on ticket sales, parking and The Boulevard click here, or contact the SMU Ticket Sales Office at 214-SMU-GAME or ticketsales@smu.edu for assistance.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Tanner Mordecai

Postby Doesntmatter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Sadly, ESPN doesn’t have any of SMU’s stats on their app. If you look at National or American stats, I think we’re the only school that has none. Someone (Brad) needs to let ESPN know. Even though it was an FCS opponent, they need to be there. I also fear, if they’re not included now, this game will be missing throughout the year so we won’t look too good.
Doesntmatter
Scout Team

Postby Doesntmatter » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:17 pm

Looking at ESPN again, we’re there, in last place with 0s in all the offensive stat categories. We must have been much worse that what I watched on ESPN+.
Doesntmatter
Scout Team

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:15 pm

Awesome. Such a fantastic debut!

I don't think he will keep up the pace for 84 TDs this season but if he gets up near 50 or 60 it's going to be a huge national story.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby mrydel » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:21 pm

The former Pulaski Academy coach in Little Rock is now at Presbyterian College. Still uses only on side kicks, and never punts. His QB threw for 10 TDS Saturday. I am going to enjoy following that school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Return to Football