PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

The Ticket not helping

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

The Ticket not helping

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:59 pm

I thought they would have caught it yesterday but I just heard it again at lunch. "Ponies traveling north Saturday to play the Mean Green in Denton" - Help us out here, guys.
Bergermeister
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: The Ticket not helping

Postby Dark Horse » Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:55 pm

It never does. The fact that the Ticket always gets facts wrong and rarely even mentions SMU, despite broadcasting the games, are the biggest reasons why I stopped listening years ago
Dark Horse
All-American

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:09 pm

Dark Horse wrote:It never does. The fact that the Ticket always gets facts wrong and rarely even mentions SMU, despite broadcasting the games, are the biggest reasons why I stopped listening years ago

Exactly and they went far left is politics particularly around Corby. Sad, I use to listen to them all the time but haven't turned them on really since spring of 2020.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Big Hoss » Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:18 am

I have always wondered how the Ticket got so popular. It has some funny bits, but there just seemed to be too many personalities competing for such a finite amount of air time. Their air time is about 40% commercials, which made it painful to listen to during the commute.
Big Hoss
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby malonish » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:31 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:It never does. The fact that the Ticket always gets facts wrong and rarely even mentions SMU, despite broadcasting the games, are the biggest reasons why I stopped listening years ago

Exactly and they went far left is politics particularly around Corby. Sad, I use to listen to them all the time but haven't turned them on really since spring of 2020.

Left of Reagan isn't "far left" given that America's left is global center. Leave politics out of it unless you'd like political responses.

Anyway given that you picked spring 2020, isn't it just soooo annoying when minorities want equal rights in practice instead of just in theory? Really puts gravel in my craw, I tell you yew what.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:39 am

malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Left of Reagan isn't "far left" given that America's left is global center. Leave politics out of it unless you'd like political responses.

Anyway given that you picked spring 2020, isn't it just soooo annoying when minorities want equal rights in practice instead of just in theory? Really puts gravel in my craw, I tell you yew what.

I would love to respond to your diatribe, but Americas left of global center.....would censor me.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby mtrout » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:01 am

The ticket fell off. I listen to the Fan now. Some pretty good shows but they broadcast all the Rangers games which are currently insufferable and the Cowboys announcers leave much to be desired.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 am

Enough with your BS political posts!!!! How dense do you have to be??? F your politics!!! F you too for bringing them up in every thread!
mustangxc

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:58 pm

malonish wrote:
SMU_Alum11 wrote:

Lol left of Reagan. That's a good one. You should be a comedian. :lol:

I'm fine with politics but I'm only writing on why I didn't listen to that crap anymore.

Lol who doesn't have equal rights? I'm confused, what rights are not granted? Sounds a bit conspiratorial and far fetched like the debunked 1619 project. Yikes. :lol:
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:00 pm

mustangxc wrote:Enough with your BS political posts!!!! How dense do you have to be??? F your politics!!! F you too for bringing them up in every thread!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby 82Pony » Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:20 pm

mustangxc wrote:Enough with your BS political posts!!!! How dense do you have to be??? F your politics!!! F you too for bringing them up in every thread!

Here here!!!
82Pony
Varsity

Return to Football