PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Daily Campus

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Daily Campus

Postby ponystudent » Thu Aug 30, 2001 4:04 pm

Once again the DC cannot get anything right and when they do something worth anything it is done by an athlete. The other day in the scrimmage picture they listed the wrong person in a picture. The person they named was black and the person in the picture was white. I don't think they have ever gotten a sports picture caption correct.

In todays edition, they have an editorial on Cavan. Once again, facts are not straight. Cavan is not the highest paid person on campus, Turner is. Cavan is also one of the lowest paid coaches in NCAA D-I football.

I think I am wasting my time here, because nothing ever seems to change.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Re: Daily Campus

Postby MustangMan » Thu Aug 30, 2001 4:36 pm

Isn't there a former player who's sports editor there? Medlin or something? If he plays/played football, how can he not correctly identify a player? That's pretty inexcusable. And if the paper was inaccurate about Cavan's salary and where it ranks among university employees, is there material for action from Cavan against the DC?
MustangMan
Junior Varsity

Postby ponystudent » Thu Aug 30, 2001 6:48 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MustangMan:
<B>Isn't there a former player who's sports editor there? Medlin or something? If he plays/played football, how can he not correctly identify a player? That's pretty inexcusable. And if the paper was inaccurate about Cavan's salary and where it ranks among university employees, is there material for action from Cavan against the DC?</B></font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think Medlin is no longer the sports editor, I don't know if he rotated off or gave it up or what but I think the new sports editor is some girl.

------------------
Go Ponies!
Go Ponies!
ponystudent
Junior Varsity

Postby MustangMom » Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:57 am

I would like to respond to the Daily Campus paper, but I am not a student, just MustangMom - and that would be silly. But, I do wonder why many of the editorials and articles are negative. I would love to see an editorial urging students to come out and support the team - they are working hard and will give their best effort. Great fans support plays a part in winning seasons.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby PK » Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:00 pm

MustangMom, here is a good DC sports commentary that ran in last Friday's edition.

<A HREF="http://sdc.htrigg.smu.edu/HTMLPages/Fall01/08-24-01/Sports2_082401.html" TARGET=_blank>www.sdc.htrigg.smu.edu/HTMLPages/Fall01/08-24-01/Sports2_082401.html</A>

[This message has been edited by PK (edited 08-31-2001).]
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby MustangMom » Mon Sep 03, 2001 5:30 pm

PK - thanks for posting this link. And, way to go Brandi Bloodworth - a gal after my own heart. Couldn't have said it better - hope the students read this and take it to heart.

------------------
Go Mustangs!!
-MustangMom
Go Mustangs!!<BR>-MustangMom
MustangMom
Junior Varsity

Postby Shelby » Tue Sep 04, 2001 9:47 am

Joe Medlin had back surgery last week and has been spending time trying to get over that. I doubt he wrote anything lately, but if he did, I assure you, it would not be negative. He is a terrific guy and a member of the football team. Though he can't play this year because of the back surgery, his heart is with the team. He would not be negative.
Shelby

Postby HorsePower » Tue Sep 04, 2001 11:21 am

Best wishes to Joe for a speedy recovery
HorsePower
Heisman

Return to Football