PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

How to beat the everliving SNOT outta SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

How to beat the everliving SNOT outta SMU

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:43 pm

Here is the TCU take on SMU -

1) one word - RUN THE BALL !! TCU doesn't believe SMU has the horses up front to stop the run and especially to stop 5 star RB Zak Evans who was AP Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week last week.

2) one word - MAKE EM RUN THE BALL !! TCU doesn't believe that SMU has the horses on the Oline to run block for SMU RBs.

3) one word - BLITZ THE QB !! TCU is not going to allow the SMU QB to have time to throw. TCU is going to sell out the run in order to take away the pass vs SMU. If your QB can scramble TCU will be in trouble here because TCU will be in dime coverage all game with DBs and blitz the LBs.

4) one word - QUICK HIT PASSES !! TCU does not believe SMU has the speed at LB or S to keep up with quick hitting short passes by Frogs.

There you have it !! Good luck !

PPO
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Re: How to beat the everliving SNOT outta SMU

Postby peruna81 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:55 pm

Hmmm...

Your "one word" tuned into 3 and 4 words...yeah, there is math in this thread, but it isn't that hard to count with fingers.

Good luck Saturday, PPO ...I think you folks will need it.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby leopold » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:06 pm

I mean, yeah, we all know those are the keys to the game.

I'll also add that if we can't contain Duggan he is going to be a PITA to stop on third and long situations.

That being said, a couple things.

- I think we're better at almost every position than Cal is, so relatively speaking our 'weaknesses' aren't as pronounced as you think they are. Only Cal's QB's deep ball is noticeably better than TM's.

- Mordecai is absolutely capable of scrambling and if he gets into the open field he'll be a pain, too.

- Our run defense isn't an issue overall despite the fact that ya'll have ZE and our LB's are better than you realize, especially with the Oregon transfer. I suspect Evan's will get his but I do expect better numbers than Cal gave up.

- S is an issue. But so is Duggan's decision making and throws, especially the consistency on the deep ball; I saw a couple bad decisions against the Bears that, if it continues, will sink TCU's efforts against us.

Thanks for stopping by!
leopold
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:09 pm

LEOPOLD -

Hate to say it but I have to agree with everything your wrote. TCU does have weaknesses that you named here. You are correct about all of it !! I agree.

PPO

leopold wrote:I mean, yeah, we all know those are the keys to the game.

I'll also add that if we can't contain Duggan he is going to be a PITA to stop on third and long situations.

That being said, a couple things.

- I think we're better at almost every position than Cal is, so relatively speaking our 'weaknesses' aren't as pronounced as you think they are. Only Cal's QB's deep ball is noticeably better than TM's.

- Mordecai is absolutely capable of scrambling and if he gets into the open field he'll be a pain, too.

- Our run defense isn't an issue overall despite the fact that ya'll have ZE and our LB's are better than you realize, especially with the Oregon transfer. I suspect Evan's will get his but I do expect better numbers than Cal gave up.

- S is an issue. But so is Duggan's decision making and throws, especially the consistency on the deep ball; I saw a couple bad decisions against the Bears that, if it continues, will sink TCU's efforts against us.

Thanks for stopping by!
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby malonish » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:11 pm

peruna81 wrote:Hmmm...

Your "one word" tuned into 3 and 4 words...yeah, there is math in this thread, but it isn't that hard to count with fingers.

Good luck Saturday, PPO ...I think you folks will need it.

TCU is the 15th best mathematics school in TX.
https://math-colleges.com/texas-christian-university

SMU is behind only Rice and UT
https://math-colleges.com/southern-methodist-university

Go figure.
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish