PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL: TCU PREDICTIONS

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL: TCU PREDICTIONS

Postby ojaipony » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:33 pm

48-21 Frogs

Hope I'm wrong.
ojaipony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:36 pm

TCU 45
SMU 28

C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:44 pm

Tanner better get rid of the ball quickly, or he will get crushed.
ALEX LIFESON

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:49 pm

While I've been off the last two games, I'm 3-0 but most of us are in terms of us winning.

I don't think TCU is a juggernaut. Nothing in that cal game screams that we are gonna die. Secondly, this is a rival game and at least with our win and Chad's get us to the 4th quarter excitement, it's been a rivalry game so anything can happen. The good thing is we get to focus on TCUs one game film, they have to guess which SMU they will get in terms of execution.

I think if Riley get his head out of his arse, we win. I'm going to be bold and say two scenarios by halves.

Option 1 -- I'm going with this one
1st half: 28-14 SMU
Final:42-21 SMU

Option 2:
1st half: 21-7 TCU
2nd half: 56-21 TCU
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby indianmustang » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:54 pm

SMU_Alum11 wrote:While I've been off the last two games, I'm 3-0 but most of us are in terms of us winning.

I don't think TCU is a juggernaut. Nothing in that cal game screams that we are gonna die. Secondly, this is a rival game and at least with our win and Chad's get us to the 4th quarter excitement, it's been a rivalry game so anything can happen. The good thing is we get to focus on TCUs one game film, they have to guess which SMU they will get in terms of execution.

I think if Riley get his head out of his arse, we win. I'm going to be bold and say two scenarios by halves.

Option 1 -- I'm going with this one
1st half: 28-14 SMU
Final:42-21 SMU

Option 2:
1st half: 21-7 TCU
2nd half: 56-21 TCU

i was going to go wioth 56-21 tcu now its 51 -21 SMU
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby Arkpony » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:16 pm

I don’t think our running game or secondary are up to it. 49-20 TCU
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:39 pm

I will say I'm shocked at the people that assume TCU will whoop us. I think 3 games in TM looks better but still a work in progress. I think like JasonB said the Oline is doing good on pass protection. As long as Riley doesn't call stupid plays, I think this offense will take advantage of TCUs not great secondary.

Conversely, it appears TCU is run focus and much like 2019, I want them to be one dimensional and force their QB to throw it and let our S and CB make a play and force some turnovers.

I really believe this team will be ready and I think we have the weapons to compete with them. Cal is not a good team and they struggled at home with them. This will be a rivalry game and we will be psyched up.
Last edited by SMU_Alum11 on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby mustangxc » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:01 pm

The last several years our games against TCU have seen us get off to a fast start with TCU pulling away in the 4th quarter due to depth. This season, we have struggled getting off to a good start in the first half but have managed to pull away in the second half due to superior depth. While our talent and depth has improved, we are not quite level with TCU and at best are even with TCU. If we don't flip the script on our early pattern for this season (poor play in the first half) we will be trailing at halftime which doesn't give me hope we can turn it on and pull away in the second half. Our 2 victories the last 10 or so years have involved us getting off to a fast start and barely hanging on at the end. I think that is the roadmap to victory but don't have confidence that will happen.
mustangxc

Postby JoeKidd » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:07 pm

I could never pick TCU over us.....with that said Offensive Play Calling has been horrible, awful, incompetent and it can't just be because we have kept the playbook simplified for the first 3 games. The red zone play calling was inexplicable this past Saturday. I like our defensive strength matching up with their offensive strength and so if the O-Line continues to improve in run blocking and we have good play calling we win 38-34. A lot of caveats, but I don't want to think about the alternative. 4 -0
#1 Day At A Time
JoeKidd
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:22 pm

I do have to ask - what makes anyone on here think that TCU is significantly better this year than teams like UCF, Memphis, Mississippi State, Fresno, Liberty, Nevada, K-State or, perhaps, even La Tech?

It has been proven on the field that they aren't significantly better than a crappy Cal team. It's not like we are playing a top 5 to 15 TCU team like in years past.

Based on rankings - this undefeated TCU team may very well be the lowest (worst) ranked TCU team we have played since 2013 - almost a decade ago.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby HubbaHubba » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:37 pm

tcu talent level has remained stagnant over the last 2 years where we have improved. We've had more game experience this year and have remained healthy. We'll get out to a big lead until the frogs start throwing helmets and taking cheap shots. They'll score in garbage time to make it look closer than it really was.

Power Pony 45
tiny tadpole 35
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:39 pm

TCU is ready to explode. Will probably win the Big 12 Conf this year they have that much talent on this team. They just need to start jelling and KATIE BAR THE DOOR when they do !!

I could be wrong but I think this is very probable -

TCU 52
SMU - 10

Sorry

PPO
Last edited by PurplePimpleOozing on Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby PurplePimpleOozing » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:52 pm

Seriously ? TCU Talent level stagnant ? WHAT ???

here is who has signed with TCU in last 2 yrs:

****5 star RB in 2019 who was the # 1 HS RB in the nation (starting RB)

****three 4 star WRs in the 2019 class
(you will see 2 of them on field Saturday as starters and they both are 6'5" and they bully and intimidate Defensive backs and they are devastating ! You will see I am not exaggerating at all. Just watch, Both will go early to NFL)

****Two 4 star DTs in 2019 (starters)

****Two 4 star Safetys in 2019 and two more in 2020 (both are starters)

****Two 4 star CBs (one is a starter)

****Two 4 star WRs in this 2021 class (one of these is superman and will be a freshman starter next yr)

****Two 4 star OLinemen in last 2 classes (both are second string)

****Two 4 star DEs in past 2 classes (second string sophs)

****A 4 star soph WR transfer from LSU (second string Jr)

****A 4 Star freshman LB transfer from A&M (second string freshman and staff HUGELY excited about this guy - NFL potential all over him at 6'2/250 with amazing speed)

HubbaHubba wrote:tcu talent level has remained stagnant over the last 2 years where we have improved. We've had more game experience this year and have remained healthy. We'll get out to a big lead until the frogs start throwing helmets and taking cheap shots. They'll score in garbage time to make it look closer than it really was.

Power Pony 45
tiny tadpole 35
PurplePimpleOozing
Scout Team

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:42 pm

Good read even if it was written by a toad. What Sonny has done is make our rival finally respect us. Thank you Sonny for that and may they skillet remain in Dallas forever.

For those who don't want to read it out of pride: 41-38 TCU.

https://www.frogsowar.com/2021/9/20/22682941/quick-look-smu-mustangs
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:46 pm

SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Football