PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kickers?

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kickers?

Postby PonyExpress » Fri Aug 31, 2001 12:45 pm

Did I read correctly? That Crowley is starting at PK tomorrow?

I've met Jacob. He's a great guy. He's worked hard, and I'm sure he's kicking better. But that McMurtray kid is drilling FG's from more than 50 and seems cool as ice. Maybe they should be "co-starters" like Briggs and Kincade at tailback?
PonyExpress
Junior Varsity

Re: Kickers?

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 31, 2001 1:48 pm

I hadnt heard that, but I think its a real good move. Crowley is a senior and has improved alot. I think you give him the first crack and keep the early pressure off of the freshman. Then, if MacMurtrey comes in he can be more aggressive knowing the other guy has had his chance and is not waiting for him to falter.

Postby PK » Fri Aug 31, 2001 2:21 pm

I agree with stangster. BTW, from what I saw at the scrimmages, those 50+ yard kicks were flying pretty low and wouldn't be too hard to block if a defensive players was in the right spot. That's not meant to be a knock against McMurtray, because the more important thing is that it shows the kid is really accurate with his kicks.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Aug 31, 2001 8:05 pm

Think about this...how nice would it be if Crowley stepped up and got the job done and "Mac" could be redshirted and have 4 more years to kick for SMU?
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby SMU00 » Sat Sep 01, 2001 11:49 pm

Listening to the game on the internet. Looks like it was the right move to start Crowley - he's made two FG's so far.

And I like the idea of MacMurtray being here for another four years.
SMU00
Junior Varsity

Return to Football