PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

4+8 Season reforecast

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

4+8 Season reforecast

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:25 pm

I believe I did this in prior pasts but figure I get everyone's sentiment on the future schedule. Just throwing my crazy thoughts on paper. I think this might be a bit too soon because we need to see how our past opponents do and see how we perform after the rivalry game but whatever, here it is

USF - W (56-35)
-- I see no reason we can't beat them rain or shine. We just can't overlook them but thankfully there's nothing right to look to.

Navy - W (49-10)
-- pretty awful year for them but anything could change. Be the first victory there in awhile.

Tulane - W (42-38)
-- the real trap game. They took on an overrated OU at home, but did have sad losses against Miss and UAB. Few games will tell us who we are dealing with

Houston - W (56-42)
-- lost to tech who lost to UT horrifically and I suspect TCU to beat UT, barely beat Navy and other wins came against cupcakes. I think Houston is overrated but it will be a rivalry like game so I think it will be a shoot out.

Memphis - W (49-42)
-- lost to UTSA, barely beat Arkie St, good win against Miss St. I think we will get our vengeance and keep rolling.

UCF - W (45-35)
-- barely beat average BSU, and lost to average Louisville, Gabriel is out. However they seem like they have the ability to score

Cincy - W (48-45)
-- this one is a fan prediction, however we saw Cincy struggle but their ND, UCF and Tulsa will help paint a better picture of their team. I think we have the talent but it's going to require a little to no mistakes on our end to win it. (Also based on the 10-0 record for us I predict we are #14 in AP polling)

Tulsa - W OT(48-42)
-- if everything goes to plan above, we get hit with a trap game, low attendance and overconfidence. Tulsa never can get the marquee wins but always scares their big boy competition. They also lose an incredibly dumb game but they will have their target on us however being at home, we come back like we did in 2019 and win it.

12-0 baby. *I have a right to reforecast* :lol:
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football