PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

SMU Board

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

SMU Board

Postby indianmustang » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:36 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: SMU Board

Postby PNW_Stang » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:46 pm

Needs to say SMU somewhere on there. A lot of people, I’m guessing a big chunk of Americans, have no idea what “Pony Up” represents. Especially if the jerseys say Dallas. I guess it isn’t targeting those people.
PNW_Stang
Varsity

Postby Arpony » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:46 pm

PNW_Stang wrote:Needs to say SMU somewhere on there. A lot of people, I’m guessing a big chunk of Americans, have no idea what “Pony Up” represents. Especially if the jerseys say Dallas. I guess it isn’t targeting those people.

Agreed. Strangers won't understand SMU is even involved
Arpony

Postby Dukie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:58 am

I didn’t even understand this post. I thought it was going to be about the, um, SMU Board.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:46 am

PNW_Stang wrote:Needs to say SMU somewhere on there. A lot of people, I’m guessing a big chunk of Americans, have no idea what “Pony Up” represents.

Yes it is a fail when it does not say SMU somewhere. Amateurs...that don't understand at least 95% of the people walking past that banner will have no idea who that is on the banner.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CJPONY16 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:15 am

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
PNW_Stang wrote:Needs to say SMU somewhere on there. A lot of people, I’m guessing a big chunk of Americans, have no idea what “Pony Up” represents.

Yes it is a fail when it does not say SMU somewhere. Amateurs...that don't understand at least 95% of the people walking past that banner will have no idea who that is on the banner.

95%? What percentage of the people who chose to fly out of Love Field do you think live in Dallas and are remotely aware of SMU? I can promise you its not 5%. Also with media attention our Dallas uniforms have garnered, many more college football fans associate the Dallas logo with SMU than you would think. Were marketing ourselves to the people of DALLAS. The people who are already aware of SMU and our Dallas uniforms, but we want to stay in the back of their mind as we continue to win. Were not marketing to the random layover from wherever who doesn't watch football and wont know what the logo is.
CJPONY16
Junior Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:59 am

Wouldn't hurt to get a sticker like this https://www.amazon.com/Southern-Methodist-University-Mustangs-Scrapbook/dp/B0858JT5PR and stick it on the mayor's tie.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:59 pm

PlanoStang wrote:Wouldn't hurt to get a sticker like this

YES! WHY NOT?
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Football