PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Patterson Off Deep End

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Patterson Off Deep End

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:37 pm

And now he is trying to make Zach Evans look bad to other schools so they won't want to steal him. Imagine a coach saying he took his star player out of a game because he was "tired." This is unconscionable but not surprising.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby FroggieFever » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:01 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:Patterson is a genuine human being. I have known him for 20 yrs. Cares about the kids. /quote]

What ever happened with this litigation?

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/02/21/tcu ... s-lawsuit/

Basically: Nothing.

Listenbee settled in exchange for a covenant for TCU not to countersue for damages.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby SMULaxer » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:29 pm

Think Gary is still mad?
Pay Lashlee more money
SMULaxer
Heisman

Postby Buddha » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:32 pm

FroggieFever wrote:Patterson just needs to shut up and win. $7mm a yr for this crap.

Wait ... he's making $7M?
I really need to hire his agent.
Buddha
All-American

Postby FroggieFever » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:35 pm

Buddha wrote:
FroggieFever wrote:Patterson just needs to shut up and win. $7mm a yr for this crap.

Wait ... he's making $7M?
I really need to hire his agent.

This year, just south of $7mm base, 2nd highest in Big 12 to OU.
Go Frogs! Pony Up!
FroggieFever
Heisman

Postby PonyTime » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:07 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Patterson gets tons of credit for building the TCU football program after Fran laid the foundation so the only question is whether he has earned a lifetime gig. I expect frog fans might have differing views. He's certainly acting like a guy who is feeling pressure, especially knowing the whorns (who he has gone 7-3 against) are moving on. While on the surface TCU's competition in the Big XII will weaken with the loss of UT & OU, Patterson might feel more pressure to win conference titles going forward and fans might have those expectations in a "watered down" Big XII as well. I do not expect him to want SMU to become a conference competitor as it's suddenly tough enough to have to play us in the annual rivalry game. Just think of how Gary would have reacted if TCU had allowed SMU to come to Ft Worth last year and we had beaten them 3 years in a row at their place! Very well could have happened.

They are adding 2 teams to the B12 conference that I think could beat TCU on any day of the week as well as Houston and UCF. These four aren't Texas or OU, but TCU will start to take the L against lesser competition very soon. BYU or Cin could easily win that conference in year 1 in the league.
"Moral Victories Make Me Sick" - TR

PonyTime
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Ponywatch » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:47 am

Such things are not unheard of.

Houston (what a coincidence) joined the Southwest Conference in 1976 and won the football championship in their first season.

After that season, the Old Guard must have been asking "Who invited them to the party?"
Ponywatch

Previous

Return to Football