PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

OFFICIAL Tulane Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: OFFICIAL Tulane Thread

Postby soccermom » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:25 pm

Offensive pass interference?!? Funny they couldn’t show it.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DC-Pony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm

I like a bunch from what I see from the team tonight.

The fan attendance is VERY concerning. 6-0 team. Just no traction with local fans.
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby Arkpony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:46 pm

Good for Tyler! TD!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:03 pm

Style point win tonight. Always good to put 50 points on the board. That makes 7 consecutive wins vs Tulane as SMU takes a 2 win advantage in the all-time series
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:05 pm

I was so glad to see Preston in the game and he did fine!!
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:10 pm

Arkpony wrote:I was so glad to see Preston in the game and he did fine!!

Looked calm but of course he was in to just run out the clock. That 3rd down throw was money. Good to see Epton running hard tonight. Hope Bentley is 100% for Houston. We are going to need everyone healthy for that one
Charleston Pony

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:13 pm

Watching Massey return kicks is fun. Best SMU has had in that role in a long time.
Charleston Pony

Postby HubbaHubba » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:27 pm

Random thoughts. Defense needs to figure it out that it is NOT break but don't bend. Too many big plays given up but their QB did make some good throws and the screen call on the all out blitz was good for them. Need to contain the outside run and wrap up RBs a bit better. Other than that if not for big plays, defense was great but really big IF. Players played hard. Massey is scary good at kick returns. Need to throw to Tyler out of the backfield more. Tulane OL held a lot but never called. Can't tackle QB because he is thinking about sliding? Give away more tickets, free beer, concert after the game, anything to get people in the seats. Once they come to a few they might just pay to comeback.
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby Sewanee Stang » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

Just got home from the game. I thought it was a decent sized crowd for a weeknight. The west side was mostly full and the east side was maybe 25-30 % full. The students in the end zone were numerous and loud. It's tough to rebuild a fan base overnight but things seem to be improving.
Sewanee Stang
Varsity

Postby ponyboy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:46 pm

That was my impression as well.
ponyboy

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:07 pm

Sewanee Stang wrote:Just got home from the game. I thought it was a decent sized crowd for a weeknight. The west side was mostly full and the east side was maybe 25-30 % full. The students in the end zone were numerous and loud. It's tough to rebuild a fan base overnight but things seem to be improving.

Same here but way too many left at half time and especially at the end of the 3rd quarter. Also good lord our fans sucks at being loud.

Team performance was stellar in the first quarter but 2nd half was sloppy and that 4th down failed conversion made me nervous. Thankfully Tulane couldn't convert on the following possession so all good. Need to play all 4 quarters to ensure a victory over Houston.

Why in the hell did play Stone and burn one of his games? Mordecai looked hurt (right leg) and I'm just scratching my head on why we aren't ensuring we keep Stones eligibility for his RS.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:13 am

SMU_Alum11 wrote:
Sewanee Stang wrote:Just got home from the game. I thought it was a decent sized crowd for a weeknight. The west side was mostly full and the east side was maybe 25-30 % full. The students in the end zone were numerous and loud. It's tough to rebuild a fan base overnight but things seem to be improving.

Same here but way too many left at half time and especially at the end of the 3rd quarter. Also good lord our fans sucks at being loud.

Team performance was stellar in the first quarter but 2nd half was sloppy and that 4th down failed conversion made me nervous. Thankfully Tulane couldn't convert on the following possession so all good. Need to play all 4 quarters to ensure a victory over Houston.

Why in the hell did play Stone and burn one of his games? Mordecai looked hurt (right leg) and I'm just scratching my head on why we aren't ensuring we keep Stones eligibility for his RS.

Barring a season ending injury to Mordecai, Sonny is not going to burn Preston's RS as he is the QB of the future. Was time to get him into a game and why not a nationally televised game on ESPN's flagship station? Just wish we had put this game away earlier so he could have had more than one series
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:35 am

Stone looked good. He mostly handed off, but made a few good throws. I can see why he gave Tanner a run for his money. Tanner though stays in the pocket even when he's going to get slaughtered and finds his reads. Still holds it a bit too long sometimes. On the sack on 3rd and goal in the first quarter Roberson was open briefly in the endzone.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby Charleston Pony » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am

Tulane QB, if he gets to play again this year, needs to slide BEFORE he reaches LBs & DBs at full speed
Charleston Pony

Postby docabel » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:32 am

Charleston Pony wrote:Tulane QB, if he gets to play again this year, needs to slide BEFORE he reaches LBs & DBs at full speed

The idea from the ESPN announcer that the LB should anticipate the QB slidind was ludicrous. He didn't even think about sliding until he looked to his left and saw Hailey zeroing in on him. He was just trying to avoid the hit at the last minute and got caught in a bad position.

As I saw it, the refs got 3 calls wrong on that one play

1. Targeting
2. Late hit
3. QB clearly fumbled but for some reason they didn't address that in the targeting review.
docabel
Heisman

PreviousNext

Return to Football