PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny Dykes to TCU??

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Sonny Dykes to TCU??

Postby shadowman » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:46 pm

Collishaw from the DMN still indicates that Dykes will not take the TCU job because he believes he could get a much better job down the road.

It is interesting though that TCU has yet to announce a new coach.

Hopefully Sonny will sign his SMU deal here soon. Figure TCU will announce their coach before December 10th, so we should know soon.
Probaly won't happen...BUT...maybe it will!!
shadowman
Hall of Famer

Postby geezerdonk » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:59 pm

Meanwhile the team is twisting in the wind wondering who their coach will be tomorrow.
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby tristatecoog » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:02 pm

What facility upgrades might Sonny be seeking?
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:03 pm

PerunaPunch wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:You mean nothing but needlessly allowing and protracting and fueling speculation about leaving for TCU and needlessly distracting the team in the middle of what was then an undefeated season - all to leverage a contract for more money.

This is all second-hand, but I hear this isn't about money. The money is already on the table to make Sonny and his staff some of the highest – if not the highest – paid outside P5. The sticking point has been SMU's commitment to facilities upgrades. This is Sonny's opportunity to negotiate the things he feels are necessary to compete.

I for one would like to see something splashy announced, if for no other reason that is shows the Big-whatever and the other P5s that SMU means business.

I agree. We went through this some years ago when Fitz was being courted by the NFL and he stayed after getting commitments to increase assistant coach salaries and getting an IPF. It was about program building more than just his own pay. But these kind of discussions take time, so patience is needed. Just remember that you get two marshmallows if you wait.
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

Postby Illa J » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:01 am

FWIW, seeing a lot of conjecture on the pay site / Twitter that Sonny to TCU is imminent.
Illa J

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:26 am

Illa J wrote:FWIW, seeing a lot of conjecture on the pay site / Twitter that Sonny to TCU is imminent.

It's looking that way....better get your tickets early, for that SMU-TCU game next season! :lol:
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:16 am

If Sonny wanted to stay at SMU, he would have committed a month ago. It's that simple. The deal has been in place. F that nonsense "we are still working out details". Give me a break.

He is as good as gone and has been since SMU wasn't invited to the Big 12. Hart needs to be gone as well as I've been saying since he destroyed SMU basketball and Moody Coliseum
Pony ^

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:54 am

Pony ^ wrote: Hart needs to be gone as well as I've been saying since he destroyed SMU basketball and Moody Coliseum

Destroyed Moody is a colossal understatement.
Bergermeister

Postby GoStangs11 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:00 am

Anyone seeing anything of note from 24/7 boards? All I am seeing is the emoji tweet from Steven Godfrey that has everyone worked up.
GoStangs11
Scout Team

Postby redpony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:01 am

Pony^ - couldn't agree more. My biggest issue now is that nothing will happen to little rickey and he will continue to destroy our sports programs.
redpony

Postby TidePony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:03 am

Before every big game TCU starts this noise.
TidePony
Hall of Famer

Postby Doesntmatter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:26 am

redpony wrote:Pony^ - couldn't agree more. My biggest issue now is that nothing will happen to little rickey and he will continue to destroy our sports programs.

You’ve been doing so well but here you go again, you just can’t refrain from calling names.
Doesntmatter
Scout Team

Postby redpony » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:32 am

Doesntmatter wrote: You’ve been doing so well but here you go again, you just can’t refrain from calling names.

Huh? name calling?? just repeating the name used by another PF poster a long time ago.
glad somebody appointed you the 'hall monitor'.
redpony

Postby Doesntmatter » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:34 pm

redpony wrote:
Doesntmatter wrote: You’ve been doing so well but here you go again, you just can’t refrain from calling names.

Huh? name calling?? just repeating the name used by another PF poster a long time ago.

Just trying to help you be a better person.
Doesntmatter
Scout Team

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:13 pm

redpony wrote:

Remember when Little Rickey created a fake twitter to praise himself.

Dude needs to go
Pony ^

PreviousNext

Return to Football