PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny is a basically June 2.0

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sonny is a basically June 2.0

Postby GHammond » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:20 pm

The man has worn out his welcome / average cat. Joe Average, actually Below Average. Will we ever win a con champ with him? Extension.,,are you kidding me. 7-11 in nov…let’s move
On.,,,guns ip / frogUp!
GHammond
Varsity

Re: Sonny is a basically June 2.0

Postby GHammond » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:31 pm

A fraud.,.over played his hand, bridge burner….who has the dude ever really beat? Rumor….hates puppies - serious rumor.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:04 pm

If we have a November collapse I would say I would not be upset if he leaves for TCU. Going 7-0 early against losing record teams and then collapsing is not going to cut it, but if we finish 9-3....I would think that's acceptable most years. We really need to win 2 of next 3 games and two of them are at home. Unless he has already checked out, he better find a way to win a couple of home games.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:26 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:If we have a November collapse I would say I would not be upset if he leaves for TCU. Going 7-0 early against losing record teams and then collapsing is not going to cut it, but if we finish 9-3....I would think that's acceptable most years. We really need to win 2 of next 3 games and two of them are at home. Unless he has already checked out, he better find a way to win a couple of home games.

Going 9-3 and then winning a bowl game would be the most successful season SMU has had since the death penalty and would exceed what I expected this year
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby GHammond » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:30 pm

Then you expectations suck…grow a pair, win a con champ, loser.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:32 pm

Charleston Pony wrote:Going 9-3 and then winning a bowl game would be the most successful season SMU has had since the death penalty and would exceed what I expected this year

Yes Charleston exactly. Actually that was my exact scenario and prediction before the Houston game.

9-3 regular season
then a bowl win
10-3 this year would be really nice.

And one HUGE difference than June.....is Sonny/Samples are still recruiting big time.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:34 pm

GHammond wrote:Then you expectations suck…grow a pair, win a con champ, loser.

That's right. Go undefeated, get that SEC invite...or go home. Thanks for showing what little interest you undoubtedly have in the program
Charleston Pony

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:39 pm

GHammond wrote:Then you expectations suck…grow a pair, win a con champ, loser.

So if we dont win the conference championship against the #2 or #3 team in the country we are "losers"?

Come on man, we are all frustrated, but lets see what happens in the critical next 3 weeks.
C-ya @ Milos!
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby GHammond » Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:42 pm

No dude, going 9-3, 8-4 and winning, or LOSING the Weed Eater Bowl is not my vision of progress or success.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Donnell88 » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:31 pm

GHammond: Have you tried decaf?
Donnell88
All-American

Postby orguy » Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:44 pm

Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:Going 9-3 and then winning a bowl game would be the most successful season SMU has had since the death penalty and would exceed what I expected this year

Yes Charleston exactly. Actually that was my exact scenario and prediction before the Houston game.

9-3 regular season
then a bowl win

And one HUGE difference than June.....is Sonny/Samples are still recruiting big time.

"Recruiting Bigtime"???? The uncertainty with the head coaching position may potentially be devastating to some of the big time recruits who are already on board including a noted 4 star
from the metroplex. If Dykes wishes to stay at SMU he should announce his attentions very soon.
orguy
All-American

Postby EastStang » Sun Nov 07, 2021 9:01 pm

We lose to UCF, we pull our offer and no one else wants him either. This is a must win game.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby SMU_Alum11 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:27 pm

GHammond wrote:No dude, going 9-3, 8-4 and winning, or LOSING the Weed Eater Bowl is not my vision of progress or success.

Amen.
Insert "this is fine" GIF
SMU_Alum11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby JasonB » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:04 pm

GHammond wrote:No dude, going 9-3, 8-4 and winning, or LOSING the Weed Eater Bowl is not my vision of progress or success.

Success or Failure isn't black and white. 9-3 isn't what we hoped for this season. But is it progress over the last 25 years? Yes. Is it success? No. Is it failure? Also no.
JasonB

Postby mtrout » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:14 pm

orguy wrote:
Insane_Pony_Posse wrote:

9-3 regular season
then a bowl win

"Recruiting Bigtime"???? The uncertainty with the head coaching position may potentially be devastating to some of the big time recruits who are already on board including a noted 4 star
from the metroplex. If Dykes wishes to stay at SMU he should announce his attentions very soon.

Sonny/Samples recruiting HUGE = 5th place finish in AAC (2020)

Jank/Duncs burning the program to the ground with "lazy" recruiting and social media = 4th place finish in AAC (2020-21)
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Return to Football