PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Speaking of Redshirts

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Speaking of Redshirts

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:00 am

I think most of us want to see Preston Stone get more snaps to get as much out of his RS season as he can, but how many Redshirts have been burned and have those guys been significant contributors?

The one that concerns me is Brandon Epton. Looks like yesterday was his 5th game and with Bentley hurting, I thought he would get more snaps. I thought he & Bentley might be our RB tandem of the future with Siggers being in his final season.

McMorris, Nwokobia & Daniels have all contributed as true FR and it looks like Goffney played in his 4th game yesterday. I assume he will be shut down for the season? We have to hope our WR recruits for next year hold to their commitments.

Record could play one more game but his muffed punt was a killer yesterday and it's hard to believe he's the best punt return guy we've got on this roster.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Speaking of Redshirts

Postby Horseshoe » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:07 pm

It would be surprising if Goffney sits. Roberson and Gray are gone after this season. Got to know who can play besides Rice and Kerley.
Horseshoe
All-American

Return to Football