PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Deion Sanders

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Deion Sanders

Postby DC-Pony » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:53 pm

Good point.

And to Coach Prime’s credit, I’ve heard him quoted as saying as much…that he’s done well recruiting skilled playmakers, but needs to do better to recruit the trenches.
DC-Pony
Varsity

Postby crispy_taco » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:47 pm

Welp, he just flipped one of our safety recruits. Jaden Milliner Jones

You can watch the video of him in sitting at a table with SMU balloons and his mom wearing SMU apparel. Jaden takes off sweatshirt to reveal a CU t-shirt. Father unzips jacket that reveals a CU t-shirt as well. I could be wrong here but mom didn't look thrilled exactly.
crispy_taco
Scout Team

Postby BUS » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:00 pm

Mom did not look happy.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mtrout » Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:30 pm

University of Colorado is a dump compared to SMU. Maybe he likes hiking.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby orguy » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:46 pm

mtrout wrote:University of Colorado is a dump compared to SMU. Maybe he likes hiking.

Love Boulder. CU campus is quite nice. Not a "dump" by any stretch of the imagination.
orguy
All-American

Postby dickey1331 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:31 am

mtrout wrote:University of Colorado is a dump compared to SMU. Maybe he likes hiking.
Colorado has legal weed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
dickey1331
Junior Varsity

Postby laxdawg97 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:22 pm

orguy wrote:

Love Boulder. CU campus is quite nice. Not a "dump" by any stretch of the imagination.

Colorado football is a dump at the moment, but mountains and clear blue skies are a great backdrop for legal weed.

Boulder is snobby and elitist, but there's lots of cheap land between Boulder and Denver and I expect Deion will recreate the gaudy spread he had up in Prosper, something akin to a country club/resort for players that distracts recruits from what's missing on campus.

It's going to be fascinating to watch.

Deion's offer sat on the table for 3+ weeks, and he only took the Colorado job once it was clear there was no other interest. The AD admitted they don't have the money to fulfill most of the promises he's made to Deion, and there's no guarantee he will be able to raise it.
laxdawg97
Scout Team

Postby MustangBroker » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:41 pm

I predict they have a winning record next year. He’s going to do very well there. Wait until he has more time to recruit.
MustangBroker
Recruit

Postby Horseshoe » Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:05 pm

crispy_taco wrote:Welp, he just flipped one of our safety recruits. Jaden Milliner Jones

You can watch the video of him in sitting at a table with SMU balloons and his mom wearing SMU apparel. Jaden takes off sweatshirt to reveal a CU t-shirt. Father unzips jacket that reveals a CU t-shirt as well. I could be wrong here but mom didn't look thrilled exactly.

Now I hate Deion (Sr.) Even more than I already did.

Also, pretty bush-league of the family to do a video like that. If he thinks Colorado is his best option, fine. But it's petty and small to show up another school like that. That says more about the parents than about the player.
Horseshoe
All-American

Postby peruna81 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:17 pm

Many times 17 year olds make foolish mistakes and idiot moves. Not trying to be the "Get of my lawn" guy, but culture nowadays centers on "shiny, new, me not you".

I thought it was in poor taste and unnecessary, but if that kid is happy...good for him. I wish him well, and welcome to a heck of a lot of growing up to do.

I think it's time to make out a check to our NIL cooperative. I'm not Sherwood Blount, but let's get busy.
Last edited by peruna81 on Thu Dec 22, 2022 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stable-boy for the four horsemen of the apocalypse
peruna81
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Charleston Pony » Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:25 pm

peruna81 wrote:I think it's time to make out a check to our NIL cooperative. I'm not Sherwood Blount, but let's get busy.

This! If you care about the program, Pony Up!! Contribute what you are comfortable with but just please contribute. Next couple of years are really important to roster building to give Coach Lashlee and his staff a chance.
Charleston Pony

Postby Arkpony » Thu Dec 22, 2022 6:10 pm

Horseshoe wrote:
crispy_taco wrote:Welp, he just flipped one of our safety recruits. Jaden Milliner Jones

Now I hate Deion (Sr.) Even more than I already did.

Also, pretty bush-league of the family to do a video like that. If he thinks Colorado is his best option, fine. But it's petty and small to show up another school like that. That says more about the parents than about the player.

This. Amen
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby Terry Webster » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Hard to compete when Dieon gives an 18 year old a call.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby crispy_taco » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:16 pm

The mom honestly didn't even look clued in, in my opinion. Dad seemed to enjoy the spotlight. Can't imagine my dad pulling a stunt like that. Kind of saw a similar deal earlier for that kid that flipped from Notre Dame to Oregon. Was putting on the ND hat and mom celebrates only for him to put it down and put on the Oregon hat.
crispy_taco
Scout Team

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 22, 2022 10:30 pm

crispy_taco wrote:The mom honestly didn't even look clued in, in my opinion. Dad seemed to enjoy the spotlight. Can't imagine my dad pulling a stunt like that. Kind of saw a similar deal earlier for that kid that flipped from Notre Dame to Oregon. Was putting on the ND hat and mom celebrates only for him to put it down and put on the Oregon hat.
And then he flipped again to Oklahoma
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football