PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Cincinnati Game Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby SmooTen » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:26 pm

HarvCrimYaleBlue wrote:
SmooTen wrote:They have no heart out there
That happens when your coach quits on ya


I agree. You can see it. They must have gotten some news. And the fact that he can sit there and be ok with it is an issue as well.
SMU took a chance on me. I'll never turn my back on it.
User avatar
SmooTen
Scout Team
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 am
Location: Fort Bragg, NC

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby ponyboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:27 pm

It’s not helpful to hypothesize.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 14251
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:32 pm

It’s pretty obvious, isn’t it. This team has quit because SD quit on them. It’s pathetic. At this point, I agree, he doesn’t want to be here, we need a new coach. Not that long ago I thought SD would be the coach to bring us back to being relevant but as soon as any decent carrot was dangled in his face, he will bolt. I think not getting the B12 invite was the nail in the coffin for SMU football, and that issue goes much deeper than whoever our coach is. But at least prepare the team.
User avatar
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman
 
Posts: 1566
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:03 am
Location: New York, NY

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby ponyboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:33 pm

If you say so. I see a team with pride. I don’t think Tanner is the guy, though.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 14251
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby smitty329 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:47 pm

I just hope East Carolina doesn't find a way to beat Cincinnati next week and we get blown out by Tulsa.
User avatar
smitty329
All-American
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:10 pm
Location: McKinney, TX

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Arkpony » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:06 pm

This UC team beat Navy 27-20, Tulane 31-12, USF 45-28, and Tulsa 27-20, and Crushed SMU. Disgusting.
Long live Inez Perez!
User avatar
Arkpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 5587
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2003 4:01 am
Location: Little Rock, AR USA

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Nedward » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:10 pm

Now that the awful is unfolding...we need Cincy to win win win. More money to get from them when we get to early buy out talks.
Nedward
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:48 pm

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby well travelled pony » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:12 pm

Arkpony wrote:This UC team beat Navy 27-20, Tulane 31-12, USF 45-28, and Tulsa 27-20, and Crushed SMU. Disgusting.

+1


That was just plain embarrassing.
User avatar
well travelled pony
All-American
 
Posts: 785
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: Castle Rock, CO

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby geezerdonk » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:20 pm

Sonnyball.
A long tradition of existence.
User avatar
geezerdonk
Junior Varsity
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:35 pm
Location: Honky Tonk Prison

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby newyorkmustang » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:21 pm

We're not even in the same stratosphere as Cincinnati. They dominated us in every facet of the game. We looked like an intramural team playing an NFL team for most of this game. Curious to see what happens with Sonny this week, if I'm TCU, I'm having second thoughts and if I'm RGT/Hart, I'm adjusting that contract offer.
newyorkmustang
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:43 pm

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby ponyboy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:27 pm

As if they were the #5 team in the nation.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 14251
Joined: Wed Mar 22, 2000 4:01 am
Location: University Park,TX US

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby stlpony » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:38 pm

SMU is in a better position today versus the day Sonny came on campus. And, SMU will be better four years from now than where we are today...this includes our coaching staff. I believe SMU is doing its part to attract and obtain a long-term coach. Sonny and crew were absolutely [deleted] today...I'm sure the coaching staff wanted better, I'm sure the SMU athletic department wanted better, and I'm also sure TCU wanted a different outcome.

My hope is that TCU has to pay a large buyout and we put that money to good use. Also, this program is a lot more than a single individual. Losing good coaches to good schools is a positive endorsement for our school. Losing Sonny will suck, but honestly, I had similar thoughts when Chad left. As an optimist, I continue to believe we are on the right trajectory and SMU will be a desirable addition to a new conference. And, if we were fortunate enough to join the B12 (or whatever), nobody on this forum will care whether or not Sonny is the head coach. The new conference is the goal; not our current coaching staff or losing to a good Cincinnati team.
User avatar
stlpony
Recruit
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Insane_Pony_Posse » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:06 pm

mustangxc wrote:Is this the most embarrassing performance in SMU football history?

and on national tv ESPN saturday afternoon
this was a marketing disaster....
not because we lost, but how we lost
a sheet show no doubt
bring on the next coach!
C-ya @ Milos!
User avatar
Insane_Pony_Posse
PonyFans.com Legend
 
Posts: 4610
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:36 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:24 pm

newyorkmustang wrote:We're not even in the same stratosphere as Cincinnati. They dominated us in every facet of the game. We looked like an intramural team playing an NFL team for most of this game.


Just like last year...deja vu all over again!
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 23209
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

Re: Cincinnati Game Thread

Postby Charleston Pony » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:28 pm

stlpony wrote:SMU is in a better position today versus the day Sonny came on campus. And, SMU will be better four years from now than where we are today...this includes our coaching staff. I believe SMU is doing its part to attract and obtain a long-term coach. Sonny and crew were absolutely [deleted] today...I'm sure the coaching staff wanted better, I'm sure the SMU athletic department wanted better, and I'm also sure TCU wanted a different outcome.

My hope is that TCU has to pay a large buyout and we put that money to good use. Also, this program is a lot more than a single individual. Losing good coaches to good schools is a positive endorsement for our school. Losing Sonny will suck, but honestly, I had similar thoughts when Chad left. As an optimist, I continue to believe we are on the right trajectory and SMU will be a desirable addition to a new conference. And, if we were fortunate enough to join the B12 (or whatever), nobody on this forum will care whether or not Sonny is the head coach. The new conference is the goal; not our current coaching staff or losing to a good Cincinnati team.


Good points. It wasn't that long ago that coaches were warned to avoid SMU because it had become a graveyard for college coaches. Now we are much better positioned as a good stepping stone destination (Chad & Sonny?) or as a reclamation job (Sonny?).
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend
 
Posts: 23209
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:01 am
Location: Stonebridge Golf Club, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 16 guests