PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fire Rick Hart

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fire Rick Hart

Postby BUS » Thu May 05, 2022 6:25 pm

I have heard these statements before. It would be nice if both departed a REAL Mustangs guided the ship.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby BUS » Thu May 05, 2022 6:36 pm

Just had a thought... if you believe the above statements...would you not be better served to direct your contributions to a performing NIL group? Sure, m.club the minimum to buy tickets but no more.
Turner and board will understand$$$.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby Arkpony » Thu May 05, 2022 8:57 pm

I dropped contributions to the Mustang Club due to thee way I was treated by Turner regarding a problem I had with SMU. His response to my problem? Silence.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Thu May 05, 2022 9:23 pm

Thanks Mex for your lengthy reply, i enjoy reading your insights.

Really hope the rumors of Hart leaving are true. We need an AD who can effectively work the NIL / City of Dallas partnership. We need an AD who believes in the enormous potential of SMU. i don’t see Rick Hart as that person.

The Big10 is about to sign a $1B/yr media deal

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-aims-to-have-new-media-rights-deal-worth-up-to-1-billion-in-place-around-memorial-day/

“The $1 billion annual deal would project to an average of $71 million per school, per year”.

Call me crazy (I’m not), but i think SMU could bring more to the table than most B10 schools. I say this not because I’m an alumni. I say it for one reason and one reason only, the City of Dallas. In terms of economic GDP and HS FB & BB talent, it is the #1 city in America. NIL now allows us to utilize this.

Have to think the economic impact if Dallas had a semi-pro team within its city limits at $50M-$70M per year, minimum, so the incentive to do something is there.

I do question if we have the people in place with the vision.
SoCal_Pony

Postby redpony » Fri May 06, 2022 9:02 am

Mex.- thanks for the insight. I have long felt that the coaching issues began with lies and broken promises. Sadly and unfortunately I do not think RGT will fire his lapboy little rickey even with major complaints from the BMDs.
redpony

Postby Paladin » Fri May 06, 2022 12:58 pm

SoCal_Pony wrote:Thanks Mex for your lengthy reply, i enjoy reading your insights.

Really hope the rumors of Hart leaving are true. We need an AD who can effectively work the NIL / City of Dallas partnership. We need an AD who believes in the enormous potential of SMU. i don’t see Rick Hart as that person.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/big-ten-aims-to-have-new-media-rights-deal-worth-up-to-1-billion-in-place-around-memorial-day/

“The $1 billion annual deal would project to an average of $71 million per school, per year”.

Call me crazy (I’m not), but i think SMU could bring more to the table than most B10 schools. I say this not because I’m an alumni. I say it for one reason and one reason only, the City of Dallas. In terms of economic GDP and HS FB & BB talent, it is the #1 city in America. NIL now allows us to utilize this.

Have to think the economic impact if Dallas had a semi-pro team within its city limits at $50M-$70M per year, minimum, so the incentive to do something is there.

Anticipate imminent announcement by Texas AD Chris Del Conte that TU is moving on from the SEC and will be joining Big 10 soon...
Paladin
All-American

Postby MDJenkins » Fri May 06, 2022 3:01 pm

Is there anyway we could help Hart find another job, or is that horrible of an AD that no one else wants him? Seriously, his crappy reputation and overt arrogance must be known in the industry.
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Postby SoCal_Pony » Fri May 06, 2022 3:50 pm

Paladin wrote:
SoCal_Pony wrote:Thanks Mex for your lengthy reply, i enjoy reading your insights.

Anticipate imminent announcement by Texas AD Chris Del Conte that TU is moving on from the SEC and will be joining Big 10 soon...

Lol, but If i was UT, i would have given that a long hard look before joining the SEC. Clearly they are more aligned with the B10 academically + the athletic competition isn’t as fierce.
SoCal_Pony

Previous

Return to Football