PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fire Rick Hart

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fire Rick Hart

Postby redpony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:34 pm

nothing will happen to lil rickey- he fits the RGT mold of complete mediocrity perfectly.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby malonish » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:56 pm

To quote a scientific scholar (lol)

Tide goes in, tide goes out. Messages of Fire Rick Hart come in...
Leader of the Band-itos.

Mustangsabu wrote:
Malonish! You are the man!

PonyPride:
I think malonish is right

peruna81:
God bless you, malonish.

malonish
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:01 pm

He must have the goods on somebody.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby MDJenkins » Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:04 pm

Hart is despised by his staff and often described as being demeaning and disrespectful to others. However, none of this matters since the only person he needs to please is RGT.
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Postby Water Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:32 pm

MDJenkins wrote:Hart is despised by his staff and often described as being demeaning and disrespectful to others. However, none of this matters since the only person he needs to please is RGT.

Thank goodness for anonymous sources. Plus, it is on the internet, so it must be true.

:(
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:07 pm

Water Pony wrote:This thread is tiresome. The sun rises ... Fire Hart. The sun sets ... Fire Hart.

No one wants a better future conference alignment for SMU than me. However, our situation and support for FB remains a work in progress. Any feeling of entitlement is a waste. We can find fault with Hart, but I doubt he could have changed the Big XII criteria for membership or their decision.

WP, we can’t blame Hart per se for our exclusion from the B12, i don’t know anyone on this board who does.

We can blame Hart for not protecting LB or Keith during the witch-hunt, clipping the MOB, not retaining LB, accepting the NCAA punishment in a bent-over position and of course the failed reseat. Add to that SMU FB has been relatively successful over the 10 years he has been here, yet he has initiated no meaningful attempts at dealing with our biggest achilles heel, FB attendance, and yes, I would say that’s grounds for divorce.

In other words, if our BB program was Top 30 over these past 10 years and if FB attendance averaged 27k, I suspect our chances at B12 membership would have been better.

And i agree with redpony, Hart’s failures ultimately reflect RGT’s failures.
SoCal_Pony

Postby SoCal_Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:22 pm

One other thing that I’ve thought about over these past several years.

Our AD dept hopefully has retained all the names & contact information of all the BB season ticket holders involved in the great reseat fiasco.

Our new AD should write an apology letter to each party involved, including some brief comments handwritten to make it more personalized. He should include BB tickets in the letter (not nose bleed seats vs. Delaware St either) begging for forgiveness and asking for a chance at redemption.

To this day, there are lifelong SMU fans who refuse to support our BB program like they once did.
SoCal_Pony

Postby dalpony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:28 pm

AMEN! SoCal_Pony
dalpony
Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:36 pm

SoCal_Pony,

I appreciate the thoughtful response and reasoning. Your insight helps; although I struggle with the burden being solely on Hart and/or Turner. Since the late '80s, larger events have helped pave this path for us and others. As a smaller university, who gets no help from our former SWC conference mates, we have to out-work others. I worry we feel entitled.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:46 pm

Ultimatley this falls on RGT and the AD.

I have my issues with RGT that extend well beyond sports. He should have retired long ago as president. I do not mean to minimize his contributions, which he has, but he has taken SMU as far as he can, and it's time for new perspectives from a president that can elevate SMU. RGT should transition to Chancellor and we should have a new president.

With regards to Hart, he's proven he's not the AD to take SMU to a P5 Conference. He has failed at positioning SMU for the last reshuffle that took place. TCU has shown it can be done, and we have failed year in and year out, no other way to spin it.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby dalpony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Water Pony - I have followed your posts for years and appreciate your insight especially in swimming - it is how I keep up with it - but on this matter you are flat wrong - just look at our record in football for the last 30 years - who has been in charge those years? why do you think we missed the cut in joining the Big 12? It was because the other schools in the Big 12 looked at our record - TCU got in because their administration made a total commitment to make their football program a totally competitive program - when they started this push years ago they were the same as us now look at them - look at their football record for the past 15 years compared to ours - it is only in the last 5 years that we have even approached being competitive in football and that is only because a few of our big donors demanded changes in curriculum, transfer polices, tutoring and the like - even in swimming nothing changed until University Park condemned the Natatorium - CONDEMNED - I appreciate your loyalty to SMU
dalpony
Varsity

Postby HubbaHubba » Wed Dec 29, 2021 8:31 am

Can we get tcu to hire RGT and Hart so we can upgrade?
HubbaHubba
All-American

Postby MV pony » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:46 am

Getting rid of RGT will take care of Hart.
MV pony
All-American

Postby redpony » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:39 am

Unhappy now, just wait until he gives our incompetent bball coach a new contract. The last 3 yrs we have finished 4th, 9th and 9th in the AAC. That doesn't show progress in a bottom tier league. Yes, this yr. might be ok but even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.
Last edited by redpony on Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redpony

Postby mrydel » Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:54 am

redpony wrote:Unhappy now, just wait until he gives our incompetent bball coach a new contract. The last 3 yrs we have finished 4th, 9th and 9th in the AAC. That doesn't show progress in a bottom tier league. Yes, this yr. might be ok but even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then.

Compare that to what Pitino has done at Iona the last several years.
Red, I agree with your post but you need to delete the last sentence. Pitino (who I was screaming for) has only been at Iona for 1 year. Finished 9th in his conference. Off to a good start this year at 10-2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

PreviousNext

Return to Football