PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fire Rick Hart

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fire Rick Hart

Postby dr rc » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:47 am

Oldmins wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
smubrooks wrote:$1 beers, $1 dogs, free admission. Then run the score up for entertainment. We’d build a fan base pretty fast!

Don't need free admission but family packages dirt cheap and finding a way to make the Boulevard more inclusive is the path to really becoming Dallas' college team...just like the Cowboys had to beg for fans before they became a playoff caliber team

Yeah, right, we need the Boulevard to include 5% Asians, 12% African Americans, 17% Hispanic, about 53% "whites", and maybe 1% Indian (Native Americans, Indigenous, etc). Then our football program will find life again. Is this somewhere near that word "woke" that I keep hearing?

Tell me you're an ignorant bigot w/o telling me you're an ignorant bigot.
dr rc
Varsity

Postby DallasMustang11 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:20 am

mustangxc wrote:
Charleston Pony wrote:
smubrooks wrote:$1 beers, $1 dogs, free admission. Then run the score up for entertainment. We’d build a fan base pretty fast!

Don't need free admission but family packages dirt cheap and finding a way to make the Boulevard more inclusive is the path to really becoming Dallas' college team...just like the Cowboys had to beg for fans before they became a playoff caliber team

To that end SMU needs to host a BBQ cook-off on the boulevard. Invite all of Dallas to show off their BBQ skills. I'm sure people would rally around that. Winners announced at halftime of the game. Tie it in to a game we wear the Dallas jerseys. Maybe even make it a recurring theme. Whenever we play Tulane have a cajun cook-off where the best gumbo, etouffee, etc. wins and winners are announced at halftime. Good food appeals to pretty much everyone so many would probably show up to taste the good food. Many would also show up to compete and bring along friends and family and stay for the game to find out who wins. It's not that complicated, we simply need to brainstorm ideas and put them to action.

Wow this is a great idea.
DallasMustang11
Scout Team

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:43 pm

ponyboy wrote:SMU sports are doing as well as they ever have right now. How many other years can we say we’ve been ranked multiple weeks in football and been a probable tourney team in basketball? Serious question.

Are you serious? You seem to have selective amnesia. SMU was regularly a top 25 Sears cup athletic program. Right now, we are not even in the top 100. SMU athletics has never been worse even in our dark ages following the DP when football was winning 0-3 games and basketball plunged to the depths. Hart is not bad, he is horrible at what he does. Anyone who performed so poorly in Corporate America would have been fired within a year if not 3 months.

To say we are a probable NCAA tournament team in men's basketball is a gross exaggeration if not an outright sarcastic joke. It's not funny because it is truly maddening.
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:25 pm

Look, I love cross country. I ran as well, and my future daughter in law was a captain at USC. My son rowed. But I’m talking revenue sports: football and men’s basketball. They matter; equestrian does not matter.

We’ll see if I’ve overestimated this year’s bball team. Maybe, maybe not. To these eyes, we look good enough to make it to the Dance. I think we’ve got a remarkably deep and dangerous team that will give other schools some fits.

To be clear, I’m no Hart apologist. Reseat and the MOB. But, being our AD, he does get credit for how we are doing in the revenue sports. He gets credit for the good and blame for the bad. The Dallas Triple D thing is genius. Having Lashlee lined up before SD was out the door was genius. And, while I may be more patient than some with Jank, he looks to have a helluva team right now. We are seeing glimmers of the old Moody Magic.
ponyboy

Postby Bergermeister » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:58 pm

Enjoy!
Bergermeister

Postby geezerdonk » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:27 pm

Does SMU have any revenue sports?
A long tradition of existence.
geezerdonk
Varsity

Postby BUS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:48 pm

Ball has some talent. bid pretty good with no K. D.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby BUS » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:57 pm

Sorry new phone.
Mustang Militia: Fight the good fight"
BUS

Postby mtrout » Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:13 pm

mustangxc wrote:
ponyboy wrote:SMU sports are doing as well as they ever have right now. How many other years can we say we’ve been ranked multiple weeks in football and been a probable tourney team in basketball? Serious question.

Are you serious? You seem to have selective amnesia. SMU was regularly a top 25 Sears cup athletic program. Right now, we are not even in the top 100. SMU athletics has never been worse even in our dark ages following the DP when football was winning 0-3 games and basketball plunged to the depths. Hart is not bad, he is horrible at what he does. Anyone who performed so poorly in Corporate America would have been fired within a year if not 3 months.

To say we are a probable NCAA tournament team in men's basketball is a gross exaggeration if not an outright sarcastic joke. It's not funny because it is truly maddening.

Thank you for this. I guess getting 4th place in every sport is now Mission Accomplished for our goal of "competing for championships".

And also, men's basketball RPI is like 200 something with a strength of schedule in the 300s. Sorry but we're not making the tournament. That's like saying football almost made the CFP.
mtrout
Hall of Famer

Postby mustangxc » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:45 pm

ponyboy wrote:Look, I love cross country. I ran as well, and my future daughter in law was a captain at USC. My son rowed. But I’m talking revenue sports: football and men’s basketball. They matter; equestrian does not matter.

We’ll see if I’ve overestimated this year’s bball team. Maybe, maybe not. To these eyes, we look good enough to make it to the Dance. I think we’ve got a remarkably deep and dangerous team that will give other schools some fits.

To be clear, I’m no Hart apologist. Reseat and the MOB. But, being our AD, he does get credit for how we are doing in the revenue sports. He gets credit for the good and blame for the bad. The Dallas Triple D thing is genius. Having Lashlee lined up before SD was out the door was genius. And, while I may be more patient than some with Jank, he looks to have a helluva team right now. We are seeing glimmers of the old Moody Magic.

All sports matter, some may matter more than others but they all matter. All help with our graduation rates, overall athletic program, and having elite rowing adds prestige to the university.

As for basketball, we have a very good team, but have no chance at having an at-large resume unless we win a conference championship. That is the product of horrible scheduling and losing to teams we shouldn't have lost to and not beating any tournament caliber teams in the non-conference schedule.
mustangxc

Postby ponyboy » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:27 pm

Sure, we’d have no chance at a bid if NET rankings were frozen today.
ponyboy

Postby MDJenkins » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:34 pm

In addition to the football schedule, losing Memphis, Houston, etc. from our basketball schedule will be horrible. Wonder if Hart will do another reseat? How empty will Moody be with UNT, UTSA, etc.? Cox Business class should do a case study on how to alienate your customer/fan base overnight.
MDJenkins
Scout Team

Postby EastStang » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Hey, we will replace those great programs with North Texas, UNCC, Rice, and others. We should be thankful for Hart's forsight here. (I will now removed my tongue from my cheek).
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby mustangxc » Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:49 am

Is it groundhogs day? Fire him already!
mustangxc

Postby Water Pony » Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:00 pm

This thread is tiresome. The sun rises ... Fire Hart. The sun sets ... Fire Hart.

No one wants a better future conference alignment for SMU than me. However, our situation and support for FB remains a work in progress. Any feeling of entitlement is a waste. We can find fault with Hart, but I doubt he could have changed the Big XII criteria for membership or their decision.
Pony Up
Water Pony

PreviousNext

Return to Football