PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny Dykes Statue at SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Sonny Dykes Statue at SMU

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:32 am

People thought Chad Morris was a low life, details will be coming soon about Sonny Swoon, that will make Chad look like honest Abe Lincoln. Sonny will go down as the most despised dirtbag...in Mustang history. Little Ricky should put Dykes on administrative leave, so he can't be in the building or sideline Saturday.
Last edited by ALEX LIFESON on Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Sonny Dykes Statue at SMU

Postby BIGHORSE » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:39 am

He will be a perfect fit with the purple trash.
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby smubrooks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:50 am

Anything you can share now?
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby CBpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 am

Yeah I don't want to see him on the sideline. F him
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Bergermeister » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 am

Some folks seem to think that Sonny was the be-all-end-all SMU coach. Sonny Dykes made a positive contribution to SMU football. He is making a career move coaches make all the time. It goes with the profession. If he thinks going elsewhere is a good move, I wish him well. We will have a new staff with good coaches and good recruiters. We will continue to improve. Personally, I look forward to an exciting new staff. I just can't bring myself to direct any ill will toward Sonny or any of his staff.
Beat Tulsa!
Bergermeister

Postby smubrooks » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:32 am

The only problem I have is that he’s going to tcu. It’s a rival school. And I know they have P5 money and access, but personally I don’t think it’s a move up. Had he gone to tech, oh well, thanks for what you’ve done and good luck. But tcu, ugh, I hope you crash and burn in year one !!
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby redpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:00 pm

totally agree.
redpony

Postby CBpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Some folks seem to think that Sonny was the be-all-end-all SMU coach. Sonny Dykes made a positive contribution to SMU football. He is making a career move coaches make all the time. It goes with the profession. If he thinks going elsewhere is a good move, I wish him well. We will have a new staff with good coaches and good recruiters. We will continue to improve. Personally, I look forward to an exciting new staff. I just can't bring myself to direct any ill will toward Sonny or any of his staff.
Beat Tulsa!

Any other P5 school I’d be upset but I’d understand. The fact that he’s going just across the metroplex in our same recruiting bubble, plus it seems cherry picking the best recruits from this years staff is a POS move. He knows how to recruit this area and that is going to be a huge disadvantage for any coach coming in here
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:15 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Some folks seem to think that Sonny was the be-all-end-all SMU coach.

That's because Sonny kept saying he really wanted to build something national here. That at least
implies long term commitment. Coaches are always talking to you about commitment :!:

Pose him for his statue with his hand on the hood of a junker car trying to sell it. Then put a real
junker underneath his hand. :shock:

If it wasn't supposed to be raining Saturday, I'd propose someone should get permission to hold a an old time pep rally car bash on the Blvd. so game goers could relieve their frustrations :!: Put a carboard laminate of Sonny next to the car. :lol:
Last edited by PlanoStang on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby solomouse » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm

Just more rumor,but I hear there is serious tension between our assistant coaches,some plan to stay…that samples has made a deal from hell with TCU and mordicai may be next..
solomouse
Varsity

Postby CBpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:21 pm

solomouse wrote:Just more rumor,but I hear there is serious tension between our assistant coaches,some plan to stay…that samples has made a deal from hell with TCU and mordicai may be next..

Lol they can have Mordecai. He kept refereeing to SMU as “they” in the recent D Magazine article about Dykes and SMU. His stats were pumped up due to our wide receiver talent and lack of opposing d talent not his. He played scarred against good competition. Still remember when he came in for Rattler against UT and almost [deleted] his pants on the field.
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby Water Pony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Bergermeister wrote:Some folks seem to think that Sonny was the be-all-end-all SMU coach. Sonny Dykes made a positive contribution to SMU football. He is making a career move coaches make all the time. It goes with the profession. If he thinks going elsewhere is a good move, I wish him well. We will have a new staff with good coaches and good recruiters. We will continue to improve. Personally, I look forward to an exciting new staff. I just can't bring myself to direct any ill will toward Sonny or any of his staff.
Beat Tulsa!

Thank you, Bergermeister. I am disappointed, especially with a likely move to TCU, which is salt on the wound. But, making him a Judas is too much for me.

We are still G5 and our future is success will depend on a new HC and staff. Sonny did contribute to our return to relevancy and everyone, including SD, would benefit from a long tenure @ SMU for him. We need to demonstrate our brand is now one of consistency, fan support, and ability to give P5 schools a tough game.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby PlanoStang » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Don't think the NCAA would OK 2 moves home (TX) for Mordecai :?: Maybe to Baylor.

First saw him play when Waco Midway barely beat my Longview Lobos by 28 - 26 in the 6A Div.
2 semi-finals on a 30s degree rainy night at Allen Stadium. He fumbled with 1:08 left to give
Longview a chance to win.

"A third-down Longview pass attempt was picked off with 1:05 left but, once again, the Lobos got
another shot when Jared Reese recovered a (Mordecai) fumble at the Panther 38-yard line.

After a 21-yard run from Williams, the Midway defense stuffed a run, forcing a 29-yard field goal
attempt that missed wide left with three seconds left, sending Midway on to the state championship
game."
Last edited by PlanoStang on Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the forth be with us.
PlanoStang
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby tristatecoog » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Are they making Samples the OC?
Have any recruits decommitted from SMU? I saw a TCU decommit going to UT.
It’s always bad form to recruit for your next team while still employed with current team, especially when they have overlapping recruiting territory.
tristatecoog
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Beat Tulsa!

Dude you need more fire. “Thanks Sonny for gracing us with your presence! Love you!”
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Next

Return to Football