PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Sonny Dykes Statue at SMU

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Sonny Dykes Statue at SMU

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Water Pony wrote:
Bergermeister wrote:Some folks seem to think that Sonny was the be-all-end-all SMU coach. Sonny Dykes made a positive contribution to SMU football. He is making a career move coaches make all the time. It goes with the profession. If he thinks going elsewhere is a good move, I wish him well. We will have a new staff with good coaches and good recruiters. We will continue to improve. Personally, I look forward to an exciting new staff. I just can't bring myself to direct any ill will toward Sonny or any of his staff.
Beat Tulsa!

Thank you, Bergermeister. I am disappointed, especially with a likely move to TCU, which is salt on the wound. But, making him a Judas is too much for me.

We are still G5 and our future is success will depend on a new HC and staff. Sonny did contribute to our return to relevancy and everyone, including SD, would benefit from a long tenure @ SMU for him. We need to demonstrate our brand is now one of consistency, fan support, and ability to give P5 schools a tough game.

You need more fire. He literally is the exact definition of a Judas.
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby ALEX LIFESON » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:21 pm

November Dykes has been recruiting for TCU weeks, while on the SMU payroll. Coordinated effort, for our top recruits to decommitt at once. Sabotage our program, while taking Samples, D-line coach and Kaz with him to our biggest rival, after all of them were offered big raises to stay.
Last edited by ALEX LIFESON on Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALEX LIFESON
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby mustangxc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:25 pm

If you are not pissed off about Sonny going to TCU then you really aren't an SMU fan. If he had gone to Texas Tech or any other P5 then I wouldn't be happy but I wouldn't be pissed. The fact that he is going across the metroplex to our arch-rival is as low as it goes. [deleted] him and whoever jumps ship with him! [deleted] TCU for a [deleted] [deleted] toddler move. [deleted] whoever transfers from SMU to TCU as they were never real Mustangs to begin with.
mustangxc

Postby SMUGradCox » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Alex Lifeson and mustangxc get it…total Judas move
SMUGradCox
Scout Team

Postby CBpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:57 pm

I hope for the players sake they win tomorrow but it’s be kind of awesome if they pull a Varsity Blues and don’t come out after halftime. Just make Sonny look like the chooch he is
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby GHammond » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:14 pm

Why has Dykes even been allowed to be here the last 2-3-4 weeks? Don’t get it…is he destroying [deleted] like Morris’ staff did? Who was behind the recruits leaving.. did they use our phones and computers to communicate with those guys? I heard Samples was absent at last meeting…has he already quit? This has SO poorly handled…pisses me off.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby BIGHORSE » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:16 pm

Win, or lose on Saturday, Slimebag Sonny should leave for frogland right away
BIGHORSE
Hall of Famer

Postby CBpony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:16 pm

GHammond wrote:Why has Dykes even been allowed to be here the last 2-3-4 weeks? Don’t get it…is he destroying [deleted] like Morris’ staff did? Who was behind the recruits leaving.. did they use our phones and computers to communicate with those guys? I heard Samples was absent at last meeting…has he already quit? This has SO poorly handled…pisses me off.

Yeah the whole thing is Busch league. We are being cuckolded while our compatriots are telling us to smile! No thank you!
CBpony
Junior Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:34 pm

The whole thing is the highest order of disgusting. I honestly can't believe that son of a [deleted] is going to be allowed to coach Saturday.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby Dukie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:17 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:The whole thing is the highest order of disgusting. I honestly can't believe that son of a [deleted] is going to be allowed to coach Saturday.

I completely agree with you and xc and lifeson and the majority. Kick him out before the game.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby PK » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:21 pm

If we fire him, we lose his buy out. So what’s the worst that could happen if he coaches the game that hasn’t already happened?
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby 3rdGenPony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:23 pm

I did not think I would get to this point, but I think he should be fired and removed immediately. If he had any morals he would return his last month's paycheck, as he was clearly not doing work on behalf of SMU.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby mustangxc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:25 pm

I would rather let him coach the game and then try to file a law suit to have him return all wages paid by SMU for the dereliction of duty. Make this the nastiest divorce possible and take time away from his responsibilities at TCU.

In fact the new standard contract for any HC at SMU should be that there is a $100,000,000 buyout for them to go to TCU.
Last edited by mustangxc on Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mustangxc

Postby Dukie » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:27 pm

PK wrote:If we fire him, we lose his buy out. So what’s the worst that could happen if he coaches the game that hasn’t already happened?

Oh, don’t fire him. Just keep him out of the stadium.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby 3rdGenPony » Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:29 pm

Understood. Then don't fire him, just don't allow him to coach or be near the team.
3rdGenPony
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Football