PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Lashlee new HC

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Lashlee new HC

Postby stlpony » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:44 pm

Water Pony wrote:
geezerdonk wrote:And don't forget theses are the same people who wanted to extend Dykes and give him a raise.

I’m confused. Everyone, including Ponyfans, were demanding that our donors throw money at Sonny. Reports suggest that he was offered $4m, increases for his staff and facilities investment. So, we are now critiquing Hart for doing exactly that.

Hart and Turner are not the primary problem and Sonny grabbed a P5 coaching gig, unfortunately with our primary rival. SD probably made his decision that despite our growing success that SMU doesn’t have the business case to be invited. That is not Hart’s and Turner’s fault. Big XII picked bigger schools with large enrollments, which have had demonstrated success on the field. Our progress hasn’t overcome that we remain a private school with a modest fan base.

We are still a brand and, if we continue to have a winning program, we might be a future option for some conference.

Agree. And, we will continue to win. Our talent and ability to recruit compared to the rest of the AAC provides us that advantage. I think we will take a step back next year and then build off of the last several years of improvement. Miami boards are not happy about losing Lashlee’s offense and his ability to recruit (a big time QB).
stlpony
Scout Team

Postby smubrooks » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:52 pm

Although I think Hart and Turner(especially Turner) need to go in order for us to reach the level of success we all want. SD leaving isn’t on Hart. We made a solid offer and he chose tcu, so f**k him! I think RL will be a better HC anyway. We just need to pour money into recruiting and marketing…. And start winning conf champs on the regular
Pony Up!
smubrooks
All-American

Postby big foot » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:53 pm

People may not be happy with Hart & Turner, but the selections of Morris and Dykes both made sense at the time and frankly they both produced relatively good results. I will admit that I was not a Morris fan early on, but I do remember at the time the 2 hot candidates were Morris and Herman - we chose Morris. At the time we hired June it seemed like a great pick - June it turns out is just a strange "cat". Now I do think we need a President that worries more about our sports programs and less about new buildings. On the AD front we do probably need a more aggressive person running the show - ideally from a P5 school!
big foot
Scout Team

Previous

Return to Football