PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Rivalry

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU Rivalry

Postby redpony » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:34 pm

MV pony wrote:Forget about comparing SMU to TCU, I'm jealous of UH's big donor with clout and its administration.

Very true- Their pres. is a rock star who projected a vision and then started fulfilling it. Plus they have a booster who puts ours to shame both financially and support wise. Result- they move up and we are stuck in a new group of nothings.
redpony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby hiphopfroggy » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:44 pm

Like a lot of what is happening in college football right now I hate how this went down, but it seems you guys have landed on your feet. Let's do remember that y'all hired Dykes away from TCU originally and he was a Frog before he was a Mustang. TCU and SMU are good for each other and I appreciate what you guys have been able to do and look forward to your continued upward trajectory in the future. You are a storied program and college football is better with SMU being competitive at the highest level. Keep pushing through and y'all will get there!
hiphopfroggy

Postby MV pony » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Not with TCU black balling us.
MV pony
All-American

Postby deepellumfrog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:19 am

MV pony wrote:Not with TCU black balling us.

Conspiracy theories. To be expected I suppose. We're only in one conference, plenty of others to join
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby MV pony » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:57 am

Yeah, we're heading for the SEC. TCU still so boring that you are on this message board?
MV pony
All-American

Postby deepellumfrog » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:10 am

MV pony wrote:Yeah, we're heading for the SEC. TCU still so boring that you are on this message board?

I've been on this message board for 15 years. Mountain West could probably use you guysd
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:27 am

deepellumfrog wrote:
MV pony wrote:Yeah, we're heading for the SEC. TCU still so boring that you are on this message board?

I've been on this message board for 15 years. Mountain West could probably use you guysd

Deepellumfrog, Yes, you have been on the Board for years; but you are being condescending as you sit comfortably in P5. Big XII adding three AAC teams helps, but they won't replace all the network revenue of OU and UT.

Separately, College Football is not trending well, when we pay $10+m to college HCs resulting in schools and programs pushing the costs of competing so high.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Water Pony » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:41 am

I hadn't seen which SMU coaches are following Sonny to TCU, but this was on a Frog Fan site:

Several coaches leave the Hilltop at SMU and come with Dykes, including Garrett Riley, Ra’Shaad Samples, David Gru, Chidera Uzo-Diribe, and Kaz Kazadi. Two current members of the TCU staff, Malcolm Kelly and Paul Gonzales, are expected to remain. Other coaches include Bryan Carrington and Mark Tommerdahl.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby indianmustang » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:45 am

thats the list thats floating on interwebbs
Mustang from India
indianmustang

Postby okcponyfan » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:09 pm

For this year 1 thing i would do is implement the ticket policy OSU has during bedlam. Do not sell single game tickets to the Iron Skillet. If you want a ticket to that game either make the person buy a 3 ticket pack or a full season ticket. If you want to go to Bedlam game in stillwater, you either have to get it from OU's ticket allotment or buy a season ticket package for all the games.

I believe Iowa state does this for the Iowa game as well.
okcponyfan
Varsity

Postby Oldmins » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 pm

okcponyfan wrote:For this year 1 thing i would do is implement the ticket policy OSU has during bedlam. Do not sell single game tickets to the Iron Skillet. If you want a ticket to that game either make the person buy a 3 ticket pack or a full season ticket. If you want to go to Bedlam game in stillwater, you either have to get it from OU's ticket allotment or buy a season ticket package for all the games.

I believe Iowa state does this for the Iowa game as well.

Looks like your goal for the Iron Skillet game must be three or four thousand total. Setting the kind of limits you suggest would be the final straw for that game.
Oldmins
Varsity

Postby EastStang » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:19 pm

The Capitals rigged ticket sales computer to block purchasers with a Pittsburgh zip code. I’m sure our crack computer science department could figure out how to block Ft. Worth orders and do it on the QT.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ponyboy » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:22 pm

Simple solution would be to check for teeth at the gate.
ponyboy

Postby 3rdGenPony » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:16 pm

hiphopfroggy wrote:Like a lot of what is happening in college football right now I hate how this went down, but it seems you guys have landed on your feet. Let's do remember that y'all hired Dykes away from TCU originally and he was a Frog before he was a Mustang. TCU and SMU are good for each other and I appreciate what you guys have been able to do and look forward to your continued upward trajectory in the future. You are a storied program and college football is better with SMU being competitive at the highest level. Keep pushing through and y'all will get there!

A respectful and dignified post. However, did you just equivocate Dykes moving to SMU (promotional from analyst to head coach) to Dykes recently moving to TCU (lateral from head coach to head coach)?
3rdGenPony
Varsity

Postby SMU Pom Mom » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 am

I just had a thought. After the game, when Patterson made his crazy accusations about an SMU player assaulting Jerry Kill, didn't Donati reach out and have a private conversation with Dykes before issuing an apology? Could that have been when this whole thing started?
SMU Pom Mom
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football