PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

TCU Rivalry

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: TCU Rivalry

Postby mustangxc » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:28 am

Donnell88 wrote:
Arkpony wrote:Walked next to Sonny!! Wow! How humiliating is that! Fire Clueless Hart!!

Why are we always blaming Hart and Turner for the misfortunes of our football team? They weren't on the field when Cincinnati beat our brains in on national tv. They didn't take 17 penalties for 125 yards vs Tulsa. They're not responsible for allowing Houston to beat us on a 103-yard kickoff return. And don't even get me started on how we allowed Memphis to jump to a 28-10 lead. I don't blame the administrators for that.

Who recruited those players? Morris and Dykes
Who hired Morris and Dykes? Hart
Who hired Hart? Turner
mustangxc
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby deepellumfrog » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:57 am

slawton011963 wrote:Though I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and a mid 80s grad...as well as a long-time reader of Ponyfans....this is my first post here and one which, I suspect, will be unpopular! I felt after we beat TCU this year and had accusations of an assault on a coach with a helmet...one that was met with "lukewarm" denial, at best, by TCUs athletic director....that perhaps we should reconsider continuing this annual game with TCU. That BS from TCU crossed a line, in my opinion.

And now the fiasco continues. I understand them wanting Dykes, and if he wants to go, well good riddance. But to leak this the week of the final game again crosses a line. My issue with TCU is that they simply don't have any respect for SMU. Call me naive, but two universities with a long tradition between them with many similarities should have a heated rivalry....but they should also have respect for one another. Bottom line is TCU appears to have no such respect.

This latest move by them reaffirms my opinion on this rivalry. TCU is simply not worth it. The game at their place had decent attendance and they bring some fans over here, but so would most other P5 schools. Imagine replacing TCU with UT, for example.....think Ford would be packed for that one? Look at UTs non conference schedule each year and you will see we would be an upgrade for them as well. Thats just one example.....my point is TCU isn't worth it anymore.

Why Try to replace TCU rivalry with UT when you now have North Texas as a conference mate? There's your big rivalry
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby Water Pony » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:44 pm

deepellumfrog wrote:
slawton011963 wrote:Though I'm a lifelong Mustang fan and a mid 80s grad...as well as a long-time reader of Ponyfans....this is my first post here and one which, I suspect, will be unpopular! I felt after we beat TCU this year and had accusations of an assault on a coach with a helmet...one that was met with "lukewarm" denial, at best, by TCUs athletic director....that perhaps we should reconsider continuing this annual game with TCU. That BS from TCU crossed a line, in my opinion.

And now the fiasco continues. I understand them wanting Dykes, and if he wants to go, well good riddance. But to leak this the week of the final game again crosses a line. My issue with TCU is that they simply don't have any respect for SMU. Call me naive, but two universities with a long tradition between them with many similarities should have a heated rivalry....but they should also have respect for one another. Bottom line is TCU appears to have no such respect.

This latest move by them reaffirms my opinion on this rivalry. TCU is simply not worth it. The game at their place had decent attendance and they bring some fans over here, but so would most other P5 schools. Imagine replacing TCU with UT, for example.....think Ford would be packed for that one? Look at UTs non conference schedule each year and you will see we would be an upgrade for them as well. Thats just one example.....my point is TCU isn't worth it anymore.

Why Try to replace TCU rivalry with UT when you now have North Texas as a conference mate? There's your big rivalry

Ouch, Deepellumfrog. Easy to talk down to us as you sit comfortably in a P5 conference with its revenue. Trolling us at this moment, as you take our coach, is salt on the wound. Show more class.
Pony Up
Water Pony

Postby Dukie » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:47 pm

deepellumfrog wrote:

Eff off lol.
Dukie
Heisman

Postby big foot » Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:57 pm

9-24-22!
big foot
Scout Team

Postby GHammond » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:13 pm

Hart, or one of his flunkies, still trying to confirm, asked a guy in the Stadium Club to..”please remove your Auburn hat..”
GHammond
Varsity

Postby Mustangs_Maroons » Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:05 pm

Deep Ellen frog’s comment hurts because there’s a lot of truth to it. Thank our poor athletic planning for that. Having said that, to that poster, UNT is your peer school when it comes to academic quality of the students you both compete with. We’ll live with our reality, you do the same.
Mustangs_Maroons
Heisman

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:06 pm

UNT might become our new rival but at least we have a 2 game win streak going AT Amon Carter
Charleston Pony

Postby EastStang » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:41 pm

When TU and OU are gone the TV contract will get huge reduction. Then they will be choking on Sonny’s contact and low conference standing.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby ponyboy » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:39 pm

DeepEllum takes an easy, low shot. Disappointing.
ponyboy

Postby deepellumfrog » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:35 am

ponyboy wrote:DeepEllum takes an easy, low shot. Disappointing.

Come on now, your boy is talking UT? Somebody had to slap that down. It's easy to get in a P5 conference-just average 35,000 fans a game. Putting Dallas on your jersey might have helped more if you weren't in University Park
deepellumfrog
All-American

Postby MV pony » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:46 am

It might be easy to get in a P5 if TCU didn't keep black balling SMU. I can understand why you are on this message board. Nothing interesting happening at TCU.
MV pony
All-American

Postby GHammond » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:25 pm

If you can’t get admitted to or can’t afford SMU, go for tcu, it’s pretty much sort of kind of just the same...SNE.
GHammond
Varsity

Postby SMUvet » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:31 pm

Good luck establishing a rivalry game with a flagship. TCU vs SMU is a rivalry. The same students (socioeconomic) were courted by each school and share offices in the workplace. They also share a metro/region. UNT doesn't place in the same job markets. Anecdotally, I have never met a UNT grad in a professional setting.TCU is not rivals with UT either and won't be. Apples to oranges.

SMU's failures are our own. TCU's goals should be whatever is the best for their program. If that happens to be to the detriment to SMU then even better for them. The same goes for SMU.

Seems pretty uppity to bring academics into football talk but if we are headed down that road let's talk about those amazing yellow bricks on TCU's campus. :D
SMUvet
Scout Team

Postby MV pony » Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:14 pm

Forget about comparing SMU to TCU, I'm jealous of UH's big donor with clout and its administration.
MV pony
All-American

PreviousNext

Return to Football