PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Coach Schumann

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Coach Schumann

Postby 91Stang » Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:24 am

Sounded like Coach Schumann had his gang ready. From what I could tell from the broadcast of the game, the defense played well, which is impressive considering Little McCown flings the ball all over the field and they ran a no-huddle offense. Two of those TD's were scored by the LaTech defense, so our D turned in a respectable performance, it sounds like.
HOCKEY'S BACK!
91Stang
Varsity

Re: Coach Schumann

Postby Charleston Pony » Sun Sep 02, 2001 12:07 pm

same old story. Defense played well, but we give them 2 TDs off turnovers and our inability to move the ball at times results in horrible field position. Our schedule has us set up for an 0-4 start. I just hope the guys can keep it together and don't get discouraged and "quit" like I thought they did at times last year.
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Coach Schumann

Postby MustangFan » Sun Sep 02, 2001 6:56 pm

Not sure I agree with you on that 0-4 prediction. Sure, we COULD start 0-4, but after watching Maryland slap UNC all over the place (much worse than the score) yesterday, I think the Heels are a bad team this year and are a possible upset for us. Not predicting it, just saying it's possible. Looks like Ronald Curry gave up the wrong sport. (At the same time, Julius Peppers gave up the right sport -- he's a beast of a DE.)
MustangFan
All-American

Return to Football