PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Educate me on Lashlee

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Educate me on Lashlee

Postby GHammond » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:12 pm

-How does the Malzahn O differ from Sonny’s AirRaid and is Rhett more Gus or Sonny, offensively?
-Why did he leave AU for UCONN, and the same Q about SMU and Miami?

Thanks.
GHammond
Varsity

Re: Educate me on Lashlee

Postby Charleston Pony » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:38 pm

No expert, but a quick comparison tells you Miami's QBs ran a lot more than SMU's QBs did. Everyone is spreading the field these days and playing fast at times. As much as Chad Morris talked about "tempo", without researching it I think Sonny's teams ran more plays per game than Chad's (although that probably has a lot to do with the talent level each coach inherited).

Lashlee after arriving in Miami:

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html
Charleston Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Educate me on Lashlee

Postby me@smu » Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:45 pm

QB ran more at Miami under Lashlee because it was Derriq King. Same one from Houston who set an NCAA record for most consecutive games with a running and throwing TD.

Not a coincidence that Miami's offense went to another level this year after King was injured and freshman Tyler Van Dyke came in. Think of a Shane B in 2019 but with an absolute howitzer for an arm. Lashlee's offense needs the accurate long ball thrower who has pocket presence.

Running game has not been overly creative as Lashlee loves to run the quick dive up the gut over and over to set up big pass over the top.
me@smu
Heisman

Return to Football