PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Fenway Bowl: Official Thread

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Fenway Bowl: Official Thread

Postby ponyboy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:44 pm

Southwest has flights from Dallas Love to Logan leaving on the 28th and returning on the 30th for $420 RT.
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:16 pm

ponyboy wrote:Southwest has flights from Dallas Love to Logan leaving on the 28th and returning on the 30th for $420 RT.

Those appear to be long gone. Fares from Austin and Houston are also very high that week. This appears to be a trip where cashing in FF miles on your preferred airline is the best way to go.

I'd be interested to know what is driving airfare so high. We've discussed the weather and all the colleges/universities in the area will be on break, so where's the demand coming from that week?
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:23 pm

CA Mustang wrote:
ponyboy wrote:Southwest has flights from Dallas Love to Logan leaving on the 28th and returning on the 30th for $420 RT.

Those appear to be long gone. Fares from Austin and Houston are also very high that week. This appears to be a trip where cashing in FF miles on your preferred airline is the best way to go.

I'd be interested to know what is driving airfare so high. We've discussed the weather and all the colleges/universities in the area will be on break, so where's the demand coming from that week?

It's almost like the airlines are a racket!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PK » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:24 pm

CA Mustang wrote:

Still considered holiday travel time.
SMU's first president, Robert S. Hyer, selected Harvard Crimson and Yale Blue as SMU's colors to symbolize SMU's high academic standards. We are one of the few Universities to have school colors with real meaning...and we just blow them off.
PK

Postby ponyboy » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm

I saw at least one ticket available, Love to Logan, an hour ago, for $420 RT. Maybe they are gone, but I’d be surprised.
ponyboy

Postby redpony » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:59 pm

sadly, two of my favorite restaurants in Boston- Durgin-Park and Anthony's Pier4 are no longer.
redpony

Postby Peruna94&07 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Did you notice the bowl game got some love in this ranking?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/ranking-the-42-college-football-bowl-games-from-best-to-worst/ar-AARuXmi?ocid=msedgntp

#18 isn't bad considering the melt down. Even said that if either team hadn't melt down it would be higher on the list. Plus we are ranked better than the Houston v Auburn game.

Although the Frisco bowl with UTSA is #16.
GO Ponies!!!!
Peruna94&07
Varsity

Postby docabel » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Peruna94&07 wrote:
Although the Frisco bowl with UTSA is #16.

Tell me you've never been to the Frisco Bowl without telling me you have never been to the Frisco Bowl.
docabel
Heisman

Postby Terry Webster » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:24 pm

Looking at the video from the nfl game tonight with the temp and wind chill makes the 1k to fly to the game, get a hotel and tickets a lot less desirable.
Terry Webster
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby CA Mustang » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:31 pm

PK wrote:
CA Mustang wrote:

Still considered holiday travel time.

Just spoke with a friend on the East Coast. She said those prices are due to folks traveling to NH and VT for skiing. Apparently airfare for NH and VT airports is even more outrageous.
CA Mustang
Hall of Famer

Postby EastStang » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:12 am

Terry Webster wrote:Looking at the video from the nfl game tonight with the temp and wind chill makes the 1k to fly to the game, get a hotel and tickets a lot less desirable.

Game was in Buffalo. Weather always bad in Buffalo in the winter which is next to Great Lakes. They call it "lake effect". Boston is on the coast and still gets bad weather, and it still gets cold, but it can be just dreary. Hopefully it isn't 35 degrees and raining.
UNC better keep that Ram away from Peruna
EastStang

Postby GHammond » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:55 pm

Has anyone found a Fenway Bowl merch site yet?
GHammond
Varsity

Postby jpe747 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:06 pm

I didn't see the Sun Bowl. Did I miss something or are they not playing it anymore? I always loved the stadium carved out of the mountains of El Paso. The Sun Carnival was such a big event for El Paso.
jpe747
Heisman

Postby Arkpony » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:49 pm

I attended the Sun Bowl the year we played Alabama. Absolutely the coldest game I ever attended.
Long live Inez Perez!
Arkpony

PreviousNext

Return to Football